Scamp Stored Uncovered in Phoenix - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2020, 10:00 PM   #21

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500
Registry
Opened windows.

Just a little advise to those reading this, if you leave your rig in any of the desert areas don't leave your windows opened when in outside storage. There are dust devils and lots of dust in the air in desert regions. I have lived in the Mojave dessert for over 26 years and everything gets dusty inside if a window is opened.

I have a older 1980 4500 Trillium that is sitting in the backyard for almost 2 years with no windows opened and it has very little dust in it when I check systems operations from time to time. Dust is hard on any electronics and it get in to them. When we used it a lot, we have owned it for 15 years, I would leave a window opened and DW would complain that she didn't like sleeping in a sandbox and having to wipe everything down with cleaner and paper towels so you could throw the dust away. The dust is micro fine but very abrasive and when you was a towel used to clean inside you see lots of the glitter of it in the washing machine. As I always like to say, I am one of very few who gets the last word with DW, "yes Dear, Thank you for reminding me." lesson learned.

If you go to Tucson you can go to the Air Museum and see all of the Military aircraft sitting with everything taped up at any possible entry point to keep the dust and rain out. I have to think that they know what they are doing because when needed, the parts inside are taken out tested and returned to service in an other aircraft that our military or one of our allies needs a part for and is not available NOS on still being manufactured.
ROBERT ONEILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp