ScampCamp @ Sebring coming up - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
ScampCamp @ Sebring coming up

If you have anything that you might need that is Scamp related and you will be at Sebring, PM me (Or respond to this thread.) today or tomorrow and I will check my loft inventory.
Also PM me if you have a particular topic that you would like to address at the tech session in case I might have some exhibit items to bring.
SEE YOU THERE!
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:15 PM   #2

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
If you have anything that you might need that is Scamp related and you will be at Sebring, PM me (Or respond to this thread.) today or tomorrow and I will check my loft inventory.
Also PM me if you have a particular topic that you would like to address at the tech session in case I might have some exhibit items to bring.
SEE YOU THERE!

Would you happen to have a older model window for a Scamp 13' jalousie type, I've got a Scamp that the P.O. ripped out all the guts to the window to install a A/C.. I can but the parts to rebuild it except for the parts that goes around the window panes themselves.... So now I need a window to match the other side....
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #3

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Converter?

Floyd,

I talked to you at Algonac this past fall, you came over to give suggestions to me about my closet Air Conditioner in my 1999 13 footer. At the time, you said you might have some older converters lying around. My trailer never had a converter or built in charger. It does have a battery, I just use a Smart Charger to charge it up now. It only had the lights running on 12 volt - no water pump, no furnace, and no Fantastic Vent at the time. I have, however, had the Scamp Factory install a Fantastic vent now.

If you have a converter - and can provide a neophyte, pretend electrician some direction - I might be interested in installing one so that I can run the vent without discharging the battery when hooked up. Obviously, willing to pay a reasonable price. I'll be at site #26 at Sebring - I'll find you and we can talk again.

By the way, I played around with the Air Conditioner, but decided I would use a microwave much more often (as a single guy), so the Air Conditioner is gone for now and a microwave has taken it's place.

Thanks for your offer...

Lyle
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
Floyd,

I talked to you at Algonac this past fall, you came over to give suggestions to me about my closet Air Conditioner in my 1999 13 footer. At the time, you said you might have some older converters lying around. My trailer never had a converter or built in charger. It does have a battery, I just use a Smart Charger to charge it up now. It only had the lights running on 12 volt - no water pump, no furnace, and no Fantastic Vent at the time. I have, however, had the Scamp Factory install a Fantastic vent now.

If you have a converter - and can provide a neophyte, pretend electrician some direction - I might be interested in installing one so that I can run the vent without discharging the battery when hooked up. Obviously, willing to pay a reasonable price. I'll be at site #26 at Sebring - I'll find you and we can talk again.

By the way, I played around with the Air Conditioner, but decided I would use a microwave much more often (as a single guy), so the Air Conditioner is gone for now and a microwave has taken it's place.

Thanks for your offer...

Lyle
I do have one, I sent you a PM with the details.
If you reply by tomorrow I will bring it.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Would you happen to have a older model window for a Scamp 13' jalousie type, I've got a Scamp that the P.O. ripped out all the guts to the window to install a A/C.. I can but the parts to rebuild it except for the parts that goes around the window panes themselves.... So now I need a window to match the other side....
I am sorry but I don't have one, that is a rare find with a high demand.
My only advice is to write down the dimensions and keep them in your wallet. That window was common when it was used, but that has been a while. Many trailers used it, even stick builts so you should check RV salvage and old truck toppers.
BTW there is an RV Salvage just north of Sebring (Around Acorn Park???)
Length may not be important since flat glass can be cut to size pretty cheaply and the hardware has many common parts for several window widths.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #6

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Yea, I know they are hard to find, been surfing the net, calling salvage yards and checking e-bay but no luck.. Good thing about it I'm in no hurry got several I'm going to be working on 4 Trilliums, 1 Burro and 1 Scamp so keep me in mine if by chance you run across one down the road... Thanks Randy
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Yea, I know they are hard to find, been surfing the net, calling salvage yards and checking e-bay but no luck.. Good thing about it I'm in no hurry got several I'm going to be working on 4 Trilliums, 1 Burro and 1 Scamp so keep me in mine if by chance you run across one down the road... Thanks Randy
Will do. There is a huge RV salvage yard in Indiana, Next time I'm there I'll buy all they have. If any?
Old 01-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 2001
Loft inventory
Floyd,
Sent you a PM.
Deb
Deb&Sam D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp