Scanp13 Cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2015, 11:51 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Scanp and Casita Covers

Look here...
Deluxe Scamp 13 Travel Trailer camper Storage Cover w Zipper Door Access | eBay

And here for the 16...

Deluxe Scamp 16 Travel Trailer camper Cover w Zipper Door Access | eBay

And here for Casita17...
Deluxe Casita Freedom Liberty 17' camper Travel Trailer Cover w Zipper Access | eBay
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:03 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I have read reports that these typically only last a season or two and may abrade the fiberglass.

Do you use one of these yourself, Floyd?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #3

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1449582942.119409.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	91018
This cover is on season 5 and still going strong. I think it's one of the Elite ones. No abrasion that I've noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-08-2015, 11:35 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I have read reports that these typically only last a season or two and may abrade the fiberglass.

Do you use one of these yourself, Floyd?
I have one and it appears to be of decent quality and certainly a nice price. The side material is heavier than Tyvek and not as shiny and medium gray in color. It is perforated like upholstery fabric for breathability. It has a nice quality zipper for the door. It is Made in USA and is custom made to fit our trailers.
The ad says...
  • Thick, triple-ply waterproof fabric top keeps out rain and snow while venting inside water vapor and condensation
  • Excellent for indoor and outdoor use especially in high moisture climates area
  • Fabric UV Treated for heat and sun protection and Breathable to avoid mildew and mold
  • Cover protects against rain, snow, UV rays, dirt, nicks and scratches
  • Double Stitched Seams Durability
  • Zippered side panel allows access to the camper door
  • Soft, Abrasion-Resistant polypropylene fabric side panels
  • Elastic hems and grommets with reinforced corners with straps and buckles for a snug fit and security
  • Free Storage Pouch Included
  • Two year warranty

Of course the weather conditions and storage location of the trailer would affect the longevity and the installation would affect how much it moves around.
My trailer is stored in a climate controlled shop and as lazy as I am, my cover will likely last for decades folded nicely in the original box it came in!
I do automotive work and welding in my shop and I bought it to protect my trailer from overspray and grinding dust, but I haven't used it yet.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:38 AM   #5

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Boy, that looks like a good product. I'm following this thread...anybody using one of these yet?
Old 12-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
The first post in this thread is typical of a number of reviews I've read. The unspecified "eBay seller" is certainly the same Elite company, as I have done several searches over the years, and this is the only Scamp cover that has ever turned up in the "budget" category. A site search on "Scamp cover" turns up many other threads on the subject and occasional mentions of the Elite cover.

Negative comments do tend to get more space on the internet. I would be curious if others besides Phillip have had a good experience with this product for outdoor storage.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita