Screen door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2023, 04:56 AM   #1

Name: Sharon&Roger
Trailer: 2012 13ft Scamp
Missouri
Screen door

Was wondering what kind of screen door would work on my 13ft Boler? Was thinking of trying the magnetic one if I can find one small enough. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Swasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 05:59 AM   #2

Name: Steven
Trailer: Trillium
Indiana
Registry
We purchased a 24 inch wide magnetic screen door for our Trillium. The width was perfect, but we had to cut off excess length from the bottom and reassemble.
Attached Thumbnails
20221215_174851.jpg  
Steve Hague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 06:14 AM   #3

Missouri
Thank you , Steve …. that’s what I was needing to know. Any problems with it closing easily after the reassembling?
Old 03-13-2023, 06:28 AM   #4

Indiana
Registry
It seems to close nearly perfectly every time, unless there is a very strong breeze blowing directly toward the door. There are additional velcro closures at the bottom and middle, but I don't recall using them in the two seasons that we have used this door. We usually just keep the screen door installed, but it can be easily removed or installed in under a minute.
The only problem that we encountered was getting the adhesive-backed Velcro tape to adhere to the top of the door where it had to attach to Ensolite. I recall using contact cement to make that work. The Velcro tape adhered to the fiberglass surfaces very well.
Old 03-13-2023, 03:05 PM   #5

Missouri
Thank you so much Steve for this information. This sounds like it will do just what I am needing in my little Boler!
Old 04-18-2023, 05:13 PM   #6

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hague View Post
It seems to close nearly perfectly every time, unless there is a very strong breeze blowing directly toward the door. There are additional velcro closures at the bottom and middle, but I don't recall using them in the two seasons that we have used this door. We usually just keep the screen door installed, but it can be easily removed or installed in under a minute.

The only problem that we encountered was getting the adhesive-backed Velcro tape to adhere to the top of the door where it had to attach to Ensolite. I recall using contact cement to make that work. The Velcro tape adhered to the fiberglass surfaces very well.

Steve, does the Trillium have a curved door like the Boler? Just wondering if that will be an issue with our Boler. Thank you!
Old 04-19-2023, 07:42 AM   #7

Indiana
Registry
Our Trillium door has some curvature, but it may not be as much as your Boler.
We were not certain that the magnetic screen door would work for us, but we took a leap of faith and it ended up giving us a great result. I wonder if someone in the Boler community has tried this. Maybe you would be the first.
Attached Thumbnails
20230419_093441.jpg  
Old 04-19-2023, 07:51 AM   #8

Missouri
[QUOTE=Steve Hague;855303]Our Trillium door has some curvature, but it may not be as much as your Boler.

We were not certain that the magnetic screen door would work for us, but we took a leap of faith and it ended up giving us a great result. I wonder if someone in the Boler community has tried this. Maybe you would be theClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3956.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	148971Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3951.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	148972
It’s got a lot of curve but not much more than yours I don’t believe. I’ve read that beaded curtains also make a pretty good screen…kind of tempted to go the retro “hippy” route [emoji23]