Seeking Awning Repair in Portland, OR area - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2021, 02:00 PM   #21

Name: Dan
Trailer: Casita 17 SD
Florida
Awning repair

Recently I had a shop order a new awning for my Casita 17 SD. What I unboxed was not a Horizon or Fiamma but it was the right size. Only when I installed it did it become clear that with no outer support it could damage the trailer. I had removed the Horizon and still had i the core so through Ebay I ordered the fabric supplied by Aleko. I did the repair on the ground but it would have been easier on the trailer. There is a pop rivet on the rear cover that must be drilled out and the old fabric cut. The job was tedious but went together in less than 3 hours. It can be a DIY. Cost was $115.00.
JaxDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:17 PM   #22

Name: Peter
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Buy New

Good day, Youlanzhe;

Based on your description of the mishap I would recommend getting a new awning from Fiamma in Florida.

I am the first to do everything possible to use/recycle/save but there is a very high likelihood your awning will never work properly. Once the awning stretches and rips it is unlikely to spool correctly and you'll find yourself having to tie it closed to keep it from ripping off on the highway. You have other parts that have bent and torqued and a repair just isn't going to be satisfactory.

I say Fiamma in Florida because they are well-stocked, informed, and pleasant to deal with. By all means buy new from a local source if you can but I found many markup the price higher than the factory even with the cross-country shipping.

Good luck with your repair however you decide to proceed.
Cottonwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #23

Name: Fran
Trailer: 2023 Bigfoot 17.5 FB
Idaho
Portland area RV repair

Greetings. Near McMinnville, in Layfayette OR is LaFayette Autobody and RV, owned and operated by Steve Grittman. (503 864 23 four four). He is the ONLY person I would allow to touch my beloved TT Bigfoot 21RB. I lived in Seattle and then retired to Boise Idaho and still, would only let him and his crew touch it. In fact, he has a wonderful relationship with the fellas at Bigfoot and if he has questions, he just gets on the phone to them.

I feel certain he could address your awning issue and may have ideas on reinforcing the attachment.

Good luck, Happy Trails
Fran in Ideeho
Currently in 2004 Chinook Premier 21ft class C - a real cutie!
Fran in Ideeho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning