shelter - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post
yes lots of them.. just curious about your trailer height.. Our Scamp is 7'7 and 13 feet..

Diane, who posted the hoop design has a UHaul CT. They are about 7' 6" tall depending on what is mounted on the roof. If I was building a shelter to work on a trailer, I'd want a little room over the roof to get up there to work.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #22

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
I find it interesting how people attempt to protect a $5,000 to $20,000 trailer with a $200 dollar fabric garage.
The previous owner of my trailer left it parked in a farm field. It seems to me that a $200 garage is much better protection then knee high weed grasses.

There is nothing wrong with a $200 shelter. Sure, a permanent structure would last longer, but sometimes it just not possible or practical due to personal circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post
what's the door height?
You can eliminate the "door height" problem by not installing the front wall panel. If the door is too low, but it will fit inside otherwise, this could be a solution to the problem.
glamourpets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #23

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
I've had a fabric one in kansas for 8 years (not for the camper, lawn and garden stuff.

I don't have any complaints. It's 12x20 and held down with 8 3' long ground screws.

I don't attach the screws to the bottom horizontal support like they say to do. I go up the top support on the wall with cables and turnbuckles. I also crossbraced two cables and turnbuckles on the back wall, and the side walls. I wrapped all the pipe connections with duct tape so the cover has no metal edges to rub on. I took treated 2x6" lumber and made a trench in the ground, and laid them flush for a "foundation" for the legs, then cut short pieces of the lumber, hole sawed a hole in them, and screwed them on top of the foundation. The legs sit in the holes so they can't walk around.

Grab a card table, and I'll go drink beer and hang out with you in it in our 70 mph straight line winds, I don't care.

Yes, every 2-4 years, a branch will put a hole in the cover, or it just gets old. Big deal. I call them up, order another $100 cover, it's at the door in a few days, I spend a few hours sticking the new one up, and it's good again.

Every few months, I give the turnbuckles a crank.

How much does an indoor storage unit for a camper cost per month?

I need to do something for my camper. I might go metal carport, but that means city permit, which due to FEMA being morons, means I probably can't do it, because I have to raise any building 2.5' off the ground due to flood plain. Ironically, me being within a mile of a flood prevention device, puts me in a flood plain. Hence, why I have a "portable shed" for the lawn and garden equipment. No restrictions on them. I might end up with another one for the camper, or an even larger single one to get all of it in.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #24

Name: tom
Trailer: Had a Scamp sold , Now have a Casita
New Mexico
The way the housing market is could you find a friendly ex-neighbor with a 8' garage door. I have my Scamp in the house North of us and my car trailer in the house west. I look after the homes and store for free.

Tom
Tom Hansen NM USA is offline   Reply With Quote