Storage Questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Storage Questions

My neighborhood restrictions won't allow storing a trailer in the driveway so I'm looking at storage options in the area. I'm also looking at some kind of solar panel capability.

Is vandalism much of an issue at storage locations? I know it depends a lot on security measures at the facility, but was just wondering if it is anything to lose sleep over.

Also, would mounted solar panels present more of a target for potential ne'er-do-wells?
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
We chose a secure lot for a previous RV. I was worried until I saw the number of 100k+ class a's there. I figured any thief would go to those long before my older and far cheaper Rialta.
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #3

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Casita
Connecticut
Hey Carol and Mike, Not all storage facilities are created equal. We just moved our trailer to a new storage facility. The last location proved to be a bear in terms of maneuverability. I feel both locations were secure. The new location is in an industrial park, it's brand new and more high tech than the old. I have never been overly concerned considering there's not much you can do about a determined thief. John's point regarding the big rigs is a good one. No sense in losing sleep over something you really have no control over. Good luck with your search.
wwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:09 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Good point about the big rigs. It doesn't sound like this should be a big issue.
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote