Storing Scamp for summer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2022, 08:00 PM   #1

Name: Joshua
Trailer: Scamp
NY
Storing Scamp for summer

Hello all, so my wife and I bought a Scamp 13 late august last summer. My wife and I work for summer camps. So our time to go camping is mainly in Spring and Fall, since our busy season runs Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Last Fall, we went on three trips and then I stored it for the Winter. Luckily, I have space at my summer camp to store it inside a building during our slow time of year. However, that space is used during the summer season. So, the Scamp will have to live in our driveway for the summer. I purchased a cover for the scamp and plan on using it. I do plan on jacking the trailer up so the weight is off the tires much like i did in the winter.

My biggest question is should I leave the windows cracked or closed up completely?
JEVanHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:19 PM   #2

Name: Bob & Jackie
Trailer: 13' Scamp, 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEVanHorn View Post
Hello all, so my wife and I bought a Scamp 13 late august last summer. My wife and I work for summer camps. So our time to go camping is mainly in Spring and Fall, since our busy season runs Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Last Fall, we went on three trips and then I stored it for the Winter. Luckily, I have space at my summer camp to store it inside a building during our slow time of year. However, that space is used during the summer season. So, the Scamp will have to live in our driveway for the summer. I purchased a cover for the scamp and plan on using it. I do plan on jacking the trailer up so the weight is off the tires much like i did in the winter.

My biggest question is should I leave the windows cracked or closed up completely?

Might leave roof hatch and bathroom widow cracked for air circulation. We also place activated carbon bags around inside trailer to absorb oders and moisture in both our trailers.
Bob & Jackie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:01 AM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: In the Market
Alaska
Close it up or install a solar vent fan. Spray for bugs/mold if you choose. I'd suggest buff and wax instead of a cover if storing outside in summer. It's basically a boat. Cover it if inside to avoid dust. I wouldn't use a cover outside. You're going to get wear on the gelcoat and who knows where else any time it blows a little wind the cover moves back and forth thousands of times every day.
RollinMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp