suction cups and the gel coat? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2020, 08:08 AM   #21

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
I use these:
Airhead SUP Suction Cup Tie Downs, 2 pk. $13.25 at amazon.com

My Scamp is waxed with Meguiars Marine wax. The suction cups hang tight - even on windy days - and I've never had a failure. I use a shade sail off the front of the Scamp in sunny campsites.
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:51 PM   #22

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
I agree that wash and wax is the best surface prep for the use of suction cups on a FGRV. The wash helps the wax. The wax increases the fiberglass smoothness. I understand that fiberglass with a gel-coat has little pits that can effect the operation of a suction cup.
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:43 PM   #23

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
either put up an awning rail and get a bag awning like I did or use an easy up which i use to do. I had to stack some RV leggos to get the awning high enough to clear the door. has other uses if you have room to carry it. If you dont want it next to the trailer you can take it down to the shore or set it up over the sunny picnic table.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:52 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 16 ft
Walmart sells the suction cups for use by disabled people in the shower for $11. They tell you not to use for supporting all your weight, but I haven't pulled them off yet. Flip 2 levers, they come off.
Friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 02:27 AM   #25

Trailer: 84 Burro 13 ft
I have found that a very light coating of WD40 on the surface of the suction cup helps a lot.
Rusty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:51 AM   #26

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
My RV had been sitting in my yard in the South Florida sun for over two years untouched. Mildew had covered the finish on the fiberglass. I purchased this product based on the reviews. I could not believe GelGloss not only cleaned the camper but actually brought back the shiny finish. No real scrubbing required. I would be proud to pull into any RV park after using this product.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:54 AM   #27

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
We tried washing our rv when we get to those nasty black streaks we could never find anything to get rid of them until now. Bio-Kleen is so easy to use and is so amazing how it takes those black streaks right off with out even scrubbing We put some in a spray bottle and used damp rags when we got to the tough stains one squirt and wipe and it was gone. Underneath of our awnings are so stained and nasty and we have tried so many cleaners my husband said let’s try it on the awnings. Like magic spray, wipe, and it’s white again. Love this stuff!!
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote