Suggestions Wanted for Dehumidifier - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2019, 08:49 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I understand how it "works" but I prefer to have moisture removed, not just relocated.

This thread did get me out to the trailer to empty the Dri-Z-Air containers, which were getting rather full.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #22

Name: Mac
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' LD
Oregon
"I understand how it "works" but I prefer to have moisture removed, not just relocated."
Oh. Dehumidifer, then.
Don't spill the Dri-Z-Air liquid -it's very corrosive. I spilled some on our bathroom door and it rusted the hinges badly and quickly.
I don't use those any more, now that I have my glorified light bulb. If the humidity got worse, though, I might start again
Spongelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:09 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongelander View Post
Don't spill the Dri-Z-Air liquid -it's very corrosive.

Been there, done that. It's the one fluid ( if that's what it is ) that sinks the Bounty.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #24

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
So where does the moisture go?
You could just plug in a lamp with a 60 watt bulb to warm the air.
It magic....LOL! You can read the specs on line Glenn. I can tell you that I've been using this model for years and NEVER have a moisture problem in our trailer. Have used this on several trailers. A friend uses one on his boat....they work great. Not sure about the bulb.....but these units do the job. When I winterize....the unit gets plugged in....cabinets/doors are opened.....unit never gets hot.....and no moisture. Best solution out there in my opinion....no mess....no checking on the water. The current unit I have has been used for 6 years....going strong. Safe travels all.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:21 PM   #25

Name: Art
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
found on another forum

On the ttnt forum, a suggestion was made to have a small incandescent light bulb fixture mounted in a coffee can. Set in the middle of floor and the heated can was supposed to dry out the interior of a boat. not much too it.
ae6black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:59 AM   #26

Trailer: trailer
The Eva Dry line of products has quite a few options, both for stored units and in use. I gave a friend some of the products for use in her full-timing motorhome near the ocean and she found they worked wonders. I found that sometimes the offers on their website are as good as any I could find online. I have used their products myself. Some of the products look like versions sold under other names. Good luck finding something that works well for you.
Diane B is offline   Reply With Quote