Thumb Screws for Refriderator Panel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Does anyone know where I can find replacements screws for the side cover on the side of the trailer that gives access to the fridge? It is a specific piece of hardware and there are two of them. I am missing one and would love to find two originals.

Joe
Joe Loiacono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
If you're ever in my (gravel) driveway, you may get lucky and find mine. Since I couldn't, and couldn't find replacements and needed to leave on a trip, I drove machine screws in (couldn't really match the thread, but these work), so now I have to use a screwdriver to open the vent panel.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:30 PM   #3

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Got fed up having to pick the darn screw up from the gravel so drilled a hole and installed a five dollar (CTC) locking tab from the RV dept. Works super and took about five minutes to install.
Cheers...Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can find replacements screws for the side cover on the side of the trailer that gives access to the fridge? It is a specific piece of hardware and there are two of them. I am missing one and would love to find two originals.

Joe
Hi: I got mine from FACCA fasteners in London/St.Thomas...just cheap wing nut style Should I have bought a "DOZEN" Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. I took the ones I had in to them so they could check the proper thread count...
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 Bigfoot 13.5 ft / 05 Freestar
Quote:

Joe
These screws(usually brass) are normally 10-32 machine screw thread which means they are 3/16" diameter with 32 threads per inch. Lee Valley Tools should have this thread size with plastic knob or try an industrial supply shop. There are also plastic knobs which can be pressed on to socket head cap screws(allen key) to accomplish the same result. I have found the holes that these screws anchor to are sometimes worn oversize and had to tap them out to the next size up(1/4"). I found that Lee Valley are more likely to have the 1/4" size. If you know of any industrial supplier that can order from Spae-Naur(Kitchener-Waterloo) they might even get the original brass screws.
Bill
Bill F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 AM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 4500
After the first time I dropped mine, I got a pair of small thin nylon washers from the hardware store and ran them over the screw on the inside of the cover. Make sure they are a tight fit on the threads. Kind of a captive screw.
They haven't gone away yet and I hate looking for things in the dark.

Dan M
Dan M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Mine were rusty, and I got tired of grabbing a screwdriver everytime I needed to get in there, so what I did was took one of the screws down to Home Depot, matched it up to a Stainless Steel screw (about an inch long I think), also bought two wing nuts, and two nuts. Then I screwed the wing nut all the way to the top, and put the nut on after it (all stainless steel), now I can take them out, and put them back with just my fingers, it has been a great time saver.
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote