Tire Pressure Monitor - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2020, 02:02 PM   #21

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
My brother in law had a blowout on their Boler. ( he driving ). I was following along behind, I didn't see anything like a blowout, just sparks and the flopping tire. I pulled along side and honked to acknowledge what was happening. He knew nothing, sensed nothing had happened. There were sharp curves on the road ahead; I think it could have been bad on a curve at 60 mph. We both have sensors on our trailers.
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:22 PM   #22

Name: Stu
Trailer: 2003 21RB Bigfoot
Coos Bay, Oregon
Thumbs up

I got the Bartun units off Amazon a few thousand miles ago. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Only $43 for a set of 4 and runs through an app on the smart phone. Cheap peace of mind. A few false alarms but happy so far
South Coast Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:53 AM   #23

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I've used a 4 wheel Tire Minder monitor on my Escape for 2 years & have had no problems. They include a booster that I installed in the cabinet over the bed, but it provided a good connection to the truck without it.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:28 PM   #24

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2018 13' Scamp
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin Maring View Post
We have been using them for years. You tighten them up on the stem and they seal air tight. No air leaks at all. Have them on all 4 truck tires and on camper also. The readout is the PSI and the temperature. You set a threshold and if it reaches your threshold the monitor warns you. For Us, We think they are well worth it. I also have a IR Temp device that I use to take hub readings when we stop, It works well also.
I like the IR temp reading idea, I use my hand, but will try to remember to bring IR reader
jeffminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:42 PM   #25

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2018 13' Scamp
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
Ken, that's the same system I put on our new Escape 19. It seems to be working fine and at a glance I can see that the tire pressures are where I expect them to be. It also shows the temperature at the tire valve measuring point so if one of your tires starts to overheat you will be able to see it and then find out why it's overheating.
On our two tire Scamp I ended up putting the two extra sensors on the Scamp spare tire and the tow vehicle spare tire since the device is looking for 4 tires.
(I ended up putting the two extra sensors on the Scamp spare tire and the tow vehicle spare tire since the device is looking for 4 tires.)
A lot of good information, thanks guys, going to get some tire pressure monitors.
jeffminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:18 AM   #26

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
I've had good results with the cheap ones off of Amazon. Specifically this one right now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TSXXZJM

The point that it increases the chance of a slow leak is valid, and I've actually run across that. It's trading a moderate chance of an annoyance to reduce the chance of a disaster, though, and probably saved me a blowout on the road when I had a slow leak caused by a nail. I might have noticed it in the morning or when stopping before it blew since it was pretty slow (maybe 2PSI/day), but maybe ot.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #27

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
Amazon. Cyber Monday deal.
$30.39
Such a deal on a TPMS unit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085C2HMQP...v_ov_lig_dp_it
IMEd is offline   Reply With Quote