tires n rims - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #41

Trailer: Former U-Haul and Casita owner (now Class C Motorhome)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Stewart
thats for the info, but my rims where chaned out to 14 inch rims, before i bought it, n i checked with all the uhaul places in town n no luck
Tom Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:50 AM   #42

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Tom, congrats on finding a 14" rim that works for your U-Haul!

We had a long quest to get a 13" rim for our U-Haul, and after many trips to our local U-Haul center, finally had success too. What made the difference for us, was that on the final trip in, the employee gave us the phone number of the major U-Haul center that they get parts from. Steve phoned, asked to speak to their parts person, ordered part # 23516006, and arranged to have it sent to our local U-Haul center (with that manager's knowledge). It cost $79.

I think the reason that we weren't originally successful at U-Haul was because the employees that made phone calls on our behalf explained the situation to the person on the other end. "Hi, I have a customer here with one of U-Haul's old camper trailers and they'd like to get a rim for it..." which always prompted discussions of how U-Haul was no longer responsible for the trailers. Success happens when you instead start the conversation by saying "Hi, I need to order part # 23516006" It's also best if your local U-Haul dealer calls to order the part - it was a little problematic when the person we called discovered that we weren't a U-Haul dealer ourselves since they aren't supposed to sell them to the public.

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:23 AM   #43

Trailer: Former U-Haul and Casita owner (now Class C Motorhome)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Stewart
so glad to hear that u finally got a spare, if i could have gotten 13 inch rims from uhaul i would have bought them also, but since i have the 14 inch rims on it, i'll keep it that way, happy camping
Tom Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:32 AM   #44

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft / Dodge V-6 PU
Quote:
Tom, congrats on finding a 14" rim that works for your U-Haul!

We had a long quest to get a 13" rim for our U-Haul, and after many trips to our local U-Haul center, finally had success too. What made the difference for us, was that on the final trip in, the employee gave [b]us the phone number of the major U-Haul center that they get parts from. Steve phoned, asked to speak to their parts person, ordered part # 23516006, and arranged to have it sent to our local U-Haul center (with that manager's knowledge). It cost $79.

I think the reason that we weren't originally successful at U-Haul was because the employees that made phone calls on our behalf explained the situation to the person on the other end. "Hi, I have a customer here with one of U-Haul's old camper trailers and they'd like to get a rim for it..." which always prompted discussions of how U-Haul was no longer responsible for the trailers. Success happens when you instead start the conversation by saying "Hi, I need to order part # 23516006" It's also best if your local U-Haul dealer calls to order the part - it was a little problematic when the person we called discovered that we weren't a U-Haul dealer ourselves since they aren't supposed to sell them to the public.

Jeanne
Wow, what a lot of work for a rim. I did want to thank you for your ground work. I need to order a few rims myself. Now I know how to go about that task. I looked at the part number you listed and find it matches exactly with the part number in the U Haul parts manual. This manual can be found in the document center. What size and type of tire are you using on your 13' U Haul??
drews60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #45

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Drew,

The tires currently on our U-Haul are Maxxis Radial M8008 ST175/80R13. We don't know how old they are, so we'll be getting new tires for it and our spare. Our plan is to go to the tire dealer that our local U-Haul uses, with the hope of getting the Goodyear tires specifically made for U-Haul and the original U-Haul rims.

Good luck in your quest!

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #46

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft / Dodge V-6 PU
Thanks again for the information. I was planning on that ST175/80/13 as a default tire. Some dealers were concerned that the tire might be too tall for the wheel well. But, it sounds like it has provided good service on your U Haul.
drews60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires