Trailer by Joe Poty - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2019, 12:25 AM   #1

Trailer: *Poty
Trailer by Joe Poty

Has anyone here know anything about Joe Poty Enterprises building fiberglass trailers?
BarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:35 AM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
If is of course possible that his company made some. But it looks like most of their work was making kits for dune buggies. In my research I also saw a reference to a boat that was for sale. The company was called Poty Enterprises.

Here is a link to an image of a dune buggie advertisement from that company. It list the two addresses for a location in the East and another in the West where they had production facilities.
Photobucket

One valuable resource for this kind of research is to see if there are historic article archives from the local newspapers or business journals that may have written feature articles on the company. That is why I gave you the image with the addresses for that company, you can do the deep research for yourself.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:20 AM   #3

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, Lil Joe
Florida
Search for Mini Rover. They were in C-ville Va. on the east coast.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:34 PM   #4

Name: Emily
Trailer: Seeking
Tennessee
This is a few years old, but I'd also like to know more. We just removed several layers of paint off our project trailer and finally have discovered the plate by the door which identifies it as Joe Poty Manufacturing East. We thought the trailer was a Hunter or Trails West, now we are going down a rabbit hole, but I can't seem to find any Joe Poty Trailers in image or web searches. Please share if you find out more besides that they made dune buggies. This is the only thread on Fiberglass RVs that mentions Joe Poty. Are they exceedingly rare travel trailers?
Emily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:18 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily1 View Post
This is a few years old, but I'd also like to know more. We just removed several layers of paint off our project trailer and finally have discovered the plate by the door which identifies it as Joe Poty Manufacturing East. We thought the trailer was a Hunter or Trails West, now we are going down a rabbit hole, but I can't seem to find any Joe Poty Trailers in image or web searches. Please share if you find out more besides that they made dune buggies. This is the only thread on Fiberglass RVs that mentions Joe Poty. Are they exceedingly rare travel trailers?
How about a picture or two?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote