Translucent Trailer! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #1

Trailer: Aliner
Translucent Trailer!

I poliglowed my Casita and the reflections are so intense that you can't really tell where the front of the trailer ends and the grass begins. It looks like the front corner is translucent!
Attached Thumbnails
sm.JPG  
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #2

Name: Logan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13'
Wisconsin
That is downright gorgeous.

I would be so distracted driving next to that...
841K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Wow, looks better than new!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #4

What is amazing is that it is a 2005 model. I used to envy people who could buy new fiberglass trailers, but I am so thrilled with the way that this one is shaping up that my new-trailer-envy is finally gone!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #5

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Sharon, mine is a 2001 and it looks sooooo nice since i did the whole polyglo thing. It was alot of work but so worth it. So much so that we are thinking we need to get a cover for it to keep it pretty.
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #6

Shelly, I am wondering if a cover is necessary with the PoliGlow? It's made for boats that take rough salt seas and blistering sun.

The instructions said if you are in the tropics to wash it (with regular soap) and give it two light coats twice a year.

I would think that if could handle tropical sun with those small touchups that maybe it would do fine without a cover.

However, the rivet caps, vent covers and other plastic parts would probably benefit by a cover.

Edited to add... I ordered a cover last winter but have never used it yet. Maybe I should.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #7

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
I guess I was thinking more for winter storage and long periods when you won't be camping. It's gotta help protect the shine and protect it somewhat since we don't have a garage it would fit in. Your's really does look great. What kind of cover did you get? Did you think it was good quality?
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #8

Shelly, I got mine from eBay. I can't remember the brand right now, but the reviews were good. Much less expensive than a Calmark. But I have never even opened the box!

Our Casita doesn't sit for months at a time. We usually use it for a long trip in November and December, then are out again in March. And we try to get out for a week to ten days a month Spring through Fall (although it hasn't worked out for us yet this year.)

So since it doesn't stay out of use long enough to consider it in storage, I never figured putting the cover on was worth the bother.