Trillium 1300 - front upper shelf placement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2019, 06:45 PM   #1

Name: Shane
Trailer: Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Trillium 1300 - front upper shelf placement

I have a Trillium 1300 that came without the front upper shelf.

I was able to get my hands on one and am hoping to install it soon. I've actually had it for a bit but never took the time to install it.

I know it gets screwed above the wood window frame at the front but where exactly does it screwed on the upper cabinet and close to the door. How far down from the ceiling does it gets fastened?

If anyone with that same shelf could tell me those measurements I'd greatly appreciate it.
Newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
I have a Trillium 1300 that came without the front upper shelf.

I was able to get my hands on one and am hoping to install it soon. I've actually had it for a bit but never took the time to install it.

I know it gets screwed above the wood window frame at the front but where exactly does it screwed on the upper cabinet and close to the door. How far down from the ceiling does it gets fastened?

If anyone with that same shelf could tell me those measurements I'd greatly appreciate it.
I have a newer Trillium supposedly made from the same molds. On mine the shelf is attached to the wood spacer above the window with drywall screws. On older Trilliums those wood spacers have a tendency to rot so make sure yours is solid. With your finger you should be able to identify the upper edge. Make sure your screws are not too long or you'll drill right through the trailer wall. One end of the shelf attaches to the cabinet. On the door side there is a fiberglass pillar to help support the roof. You should be able to feel it under the wall covering. The shelf screws into that. The self will not carry a lot of weight.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:05 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
+10 goes into the upper wood frame on the front window. I have no doubts there is going to be variation between trailers. Make sure the wood is solid first, the front can be the first to see rot. I'd aim for the middle of the wood frame. Then level to the upper kitchen cabinet and the fiberglass pillar by the door.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #4

Name: Shane
Trailer: Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Thanks for the tips.

I patched the shelf's holes, painted it to match, and installed it.

It's ready for use.
Newfie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium