Trillium Canopies - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #21

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1996 16' Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
What is the type of canopy that fits on our Trilliums called? I want to get one but don't know what I'm looking for.
I have the rail on my camper.
itlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #22

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlives View Post
What is the type of canopy that fits on our Trilliums called? I want to get one but don't know what I'm looking for.
I have the rail on my camper.
The one in my original post came with the trailer. I see it on other Trilliums. I think it is the stock awning that Trillium sold with the trailer. The rail is common to several trailer manufactures. I have seen the same rail on Bolers.

My wife, Laurora, says that she can buy the matching zipper to the one that is on the awning. If so, we will sew it to some bug screen for some extra space, outside the trailer to have breakfast and put the bug juice on. I still have to come up with something to cover the gap between the trailer and the ground.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #23

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I still have to come up with something to cover the gap between the trailer and the ground.
Dave, if you are buying some bug screen anyway, be sure to get enough for that under trailer space. You can put some stick-on velcro at spaces along the bottom edge of your camper, sew corresponding velcro to bug screen and attach it that way.
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #24

Louisiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
The one in my original post came with the trailer. I see it on other Trilliums. I think it is the stock awning that Trillium sold with the trailer. The rail is common to several trailer manufactures. I have seen the same rail on Bolers.
That tells me a lot. Does it have a "type" name? Or, do you just look for one that slips into a rail? Are all rails of this type the same size?
Is this a good deal on an awning ?
Vintage Trailer Awning by Kristi 7' 6" x 9' Sunbrella 4956 Fabric Camper RV | eBay
Old 01-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #25

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
Mike, that awning looks like the one that came with my 4500, a replacement for the Trillium original. It will work, but requires guy lines to hold it up and taunt. Not a bad price either, IMHO.
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #26

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
That tells me a lot. Does it have a "type" name? Or, do you just look for one that slips into a rail? Are all rails of this type the same size?
Is this a good deal on an awning ?
Vintage Trailer Awning by Kristi 7' 6" x 9' Sunbrella 4956 Fabric Camper RV | eBay
Sorry, that's all I have. The awning, or add a room that will work with the rail I have uses a cord that is about 1/3" to 1/2" in diameter. It just needs to be larger then the gap in the rail. It slides in from one end of the rail.

I have seen several after market products that will fit this rail. None come to mind at the moment.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #27

Louisiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreen Bradshaw View Post
Mike, that awning looks like the one that came with my 4500, a replacement for the Trillium original. It will work, but requires guy lines to hold it up and taunt. Not a bad price either, IMHO.
I sent her a question about adding a zipper to it and price.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #28

Name: Scot
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
Add a Room

Here is a link to a picture of the 1978 Trillium 4500 I purchased in the fall depicting the add-a-room. I have not set up the awning or add-a-room yet as I was working on the inside. As for attachments, there are grommets running vertically from the roof all the way down to below the door opening to snug the room up to the body of the trailer, at the front and rear of the trailer.

'77 Trillium 4500 with add-a-room | Greely, ON, Canada | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Scot M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #29

Name: Linda
Trailer: Burro 13'. 1982
Montana
Does anyone know where I could get an add a room tent to my Burro? There is no rail near the top to slip anything to it? Anyone been creative?
Lfoxmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #30

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
I just ordered an awning from Busdepot.com , and you can get add a room or sides for the awning. I like this one because it come in two sizes and you can attach it to your camper via suction cups that they also sell. Here is a picture of the awning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EZYPLUS.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	50906
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #31

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Maybe I would like to know where to find that site, maybe.
As a matter of fact, there's a copy of that (1977) brochure with pics of the screen room and canopies. right here in the document center- here's a link to the page with Trillium manuals etc.: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Trillium

FYI: There were two awning styles, one of which didn't have freestanding poles.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #32

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
I just ordered an awning from Busdepot.com , and you can get add a room or sides for the awning. I like this one because it come in two sizes and you can attach it to your camper via suction cups that they also sell. Here is a picture of the awning.

Attachment 50906

What is the stall speed of this aircraft?

Tags
trillium