Trillium problems video - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2020, 12:18 PM   #1

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Trillium problems video

After buying a used Trillium and giving it a hard camping season, the owner heads to the factory for some repairs and updates. Steel frame out and aluminum frame under. About 15 minutes and worth the time.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:27 PM   #2

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
I just now watched this video and then saw your post. Its very interesting what has been discovered when they opened up the floor area. I found it very interesting that they use mahogany wood now to prevent the rot problem.

Charles
Old 11-10-2020, 02:23 PM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
I just now watched this video and then saw your post. Its very interesting what has been discovered when they opened up the floor area. I found it very interesting that they use mahogany wood now to prevent the rot problem.Charles
Did you notice the view count?? 24,000 views in SIX hours!

This is one of a half dozen campers that I follow. Some nomads, some van campers, some car campers.
But it all starts with a check Of the CAMO DAVE Facebook channel each day. He does reviews of the other campers and then I can watch the ones that interest me.
D
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
In an earlier video he drained several GALLONS of water out of the bottom of his trailer and it looked like tea. Obviously there had been a problem. In addition, the design of the Outback floor is worse than my 1977 Trillium 1300. Where I can visually see the plywood, he can’t. And his plywood extends into the pontoon area. Finally, no drains.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:26 PM   #5

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Escape Trailer Industries
Indiana
-I love Slim Potatohead. His narratives can be poetic at times.
Sharon S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:54 PM   #6

Georgia
On occasion I find a Slim Potatohead video I don't care for, but most of his include good photography, good narration, and other useful information.

I watch videos to learn of places to see and do, and interesting little quirks that are useful to RVers. Recently he put me onto dried hash browns in a carton, add boiling water, wait a few minutes and then throw in the pan to brown. The perfect thing to have in an RV.

Other channels I watch are Long Long Honeymoon (the oldest RV channel on Youtube) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5...799GErKpvR_5Rw and Grand Adventure https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFb...oWMGkGe7gUw27w. There are a couple of others I watch to learn places to see and do but when they get into group traveling and focus on the people and not the traveling, I'm done.

From She to Me https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...m+she+to+me+rv is proving fairly interesting, as they show the places they visit.

I find RVerTV a little dry, and watch it in spurts and then get away from it for a while. but again, I like the places he visits and what to see. https://www.youtube.com/user/rvertv

Charles
Old 11-11-2020, 09:42 AM   #7

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Slim Potatohead does interesting stuff to his trailers. I was almost wishing I had kept my A frame when I saw what he did to his.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:21 AM   #8

Name: Chantal
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Talking Slim Potatohead

Slim Potatohead rocks! He must have been a Machinist in his working days, because repairs come so easy to him. His stove is a work of art. I started watching mainly for the boondocking education. LOVE HIM!

P.S. Hubby wants to add his own entry entitled "Slim Potatohead Ruined My Marriage"
boler girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:34 AM   #9
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I saw the video where he drained the water from the floor space. I toyed with adding one of those access doors, glad I didn't. He says it was wafer board and now they use mahogany. I believe Happier Camper has a composite floor. My Trillium has plywood. I can't imagine having to replace the piece under the kitchen section. Thanks for posting.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita 16 ft
I watch Slim P. also. I can see why he prefers to travel solo, I can't think of any woman who would put up with the discomfort and problems he puts up with cheerily.

Traveling Robert is another good one to watch. Has good background music. Whatever route you plan to go, watch his videos in the area for good advice. He has been through most of the US, especially Florida through Tennessee.

RVerTV is good for Western US. For Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, watch DudeRV.
Friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 10:40 PM   #11

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friz View Post
I watch Slim P. also. I can see why he prefers to travel solo, I can't think of any woman who would put up with the discomfort and problems he puts up with cheerily.

Traveling Robert is another good one to watch. Has good background music. Whatever route you plan to go, watch his videos in the area for good advice. He has been through most of the US, especially Florida through Tennessee.

RVerTV is good for Western US. For Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, watch DudeRV.
I have tried to watch Traveling Robert, but something about it bugs me to the point I cannot stand to watch. A lot of his video is "here is the road, here is more road, look a place to eat, then video of food" Too much traveling and not enough of the sight seeing. i even tried recently thinking he had changed it up, but no better.

Have never heard of DudeRV

A couple of years ago, the statistic was that in every 24 hours on Youtube, there was 85 YEARS of video uploaded, so its easy to miss something.

Charles
Old 11-15-2020, 12:31 PM   #12

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Traveling Robert's slogan is basically, No time to stop and explore now but I will stop sometime later. He actually seems to be revisiting some spots where he didn't have time in earlier episodes, so maybe he will.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium