U-haul 13ct - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #41

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
the uahul owners sure flock here dont they!...funny thing is when the uhaul site was running(not sure whay it isnt right now) the posts are few and sometimes long apart....seems to be the same crowd here mostly and i was wondering why?
Cindy have you looked at electric brakes? seems no matter what youre gonna be doing some swapping anyhow and I believe you said you had aftermarket hubs so its should be easy enough....surge brakes can be a pain unless setup properly. Electric is easier for most people and you dont need much , after all you tow without em now.
Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #42

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
the uahul owners sure flock here dont they!...funny thing is when the uhaul site was running(not sure whay it isnt right now) the posts are few and sometimes long apart....seems to be the same crowd here mostly and i was wondering why?
Bruce
I'm thinking because it's a "pay site." The difference between the U-haul site and FiberglassRV is we don't charge anyone to look at anything. Donations are always welcome, however
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #43

Registry
that may be some of it but most of them already belong so i was wondering..Bruce
Old 06-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #44

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I have belonged to the U-haul forum since Ray Horner owned it more than 8 years ago. But as soon as it went to a "pay" site and I couldn't see any of the pictures or post pictures, I kinda went away. Maybe others did too. There are two types of registrations, regular and member with privileges
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #45

Registry
yes I know and can see how those already there would have felt slighted....maybe thats it...Bruce
Old 06-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #46

Registry
Btw...if you vote for me for pesident in the next election.....I'll make sure everyone has every option on every site across this land!
Also everyone gets a check and doesnt hafta work!
Thing is if noones working, where do you spend it or cash it? Elect me and I promise to work on that though, you have my word
Bruce
Old 06-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #47

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Cindy have you looked at electric brakes? seems no matter what youre gonna be doing some swapping anyhow and I believe you said you had aftermarket hubs so its should be easy enough....surge brakes can be a pain unless setup properly. Electric is easier for most people and you dont need much , after all you tow without em now.
Bruce
If I won the lottery, I would get electric brakes.
I would like to, but it is not in the cards. Our tires are from UHaul and therefore, still proprietary to UHaul.
Among other reasons for me, I participate more here, because, since they started charging, most of the conversation at uhaulcamper has become mechanical/repair. I prefer seeing how people do up their trailers and/or places they visit. I get lots of ideas here!

CindyL
Old 06-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #48

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Psst! The forum section at http://www.uhaulcamper.com/forum/ is back up, at least right now. It still has the same upgrading message at
http://www.uhaulcamper.com although I did not see any upgrades. It was down, what, 9 days since June 7 and withdrawal pangs set in quick! My fingers are crossed! No explanation for the outage, yet.

Regards,

Matt
Old 06-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #49

Name: Mike
Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty D View Post
New to the "egg" world and looking for wise and expert advise. I bought a '85 13ct U-haul from Eric Nelson of Ohio who had previously been on FGRV. I am trying to finish up what he was not able to do before I bought it. Other than a small leak somewhere around the ceiling vent and some stress cracks, it appears to be in pretty good shape. I am wanting to replace all of the windows, fill in some of the cracks and drill holes, put in a fan-tastic fan, and possibly a new axle with brakes. When that is done, I would like to paint it to match my S10 Crew Cab. I really don't know where to start as to finding replacement windows. I keep reading about Scamp windows but I can't seem to find anything that says that they will actually fit. I've also heard about Dexter axles and brakes, but I am not sure that a "weekend-do it yourselfer" like myself would be able to install it. What kind of difficulty is it to put in windows and an axle? Or would it be advisable to have someone else do them all? And if so, can anyone give me a name of a good restorer in the Columbus, Ohio area? I would like to get everything completed yet this summer.

Also am looking for information on what appears to be a front bunk option. Does anyone know how to get a hold of one of these or how it worked? And there is a "V" shape series of holes on the front wall that starts at the window and goes on down to the bunk. I've seen it in pictures of other ct's but can not determine what it is for.

From all that I've read and seen so far, I can see where this site will be a bible for me. Thanks
Marty D: I know I read that you have your axle and its installed. I have the same camper. Do you still have the specifics of the Dexter and I'm very curious about how you attached that center bracket that seems to be very important. I'd also like to know how you managed the AC and heater in the closet. Lots of questions, thanks Mike
h.mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul