Unbelievable, but true! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Boler 13 ft
Registry
Unbelievable, but true!

I share this with all of you a reminder of what is possible but (for me, at least), not possible to believe. Be sure to click through all the pictures: https://cosprings.craigslist.org/rvs...571309352.html

It sent chills up my spine.
Tony O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I have no intention of clicking on a link to what reads like click bait. If you have something to say, say it, and provide a link. But, I'm not going near this.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #3

Registry
Ok, don't. (It isn't click bait.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I have no intention of clicking on a link to what reads like click bait. If you have something to say, say it, and provide a link. But, I'm not going near this.
No problem. I understand.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:16 PM   #4

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
It's just an ad on Craigslist for a trashed Casita. Clickbait? Nope.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Holy Crap on a Cracker?

I have seen some rough ones that someone thought were nice but this one..........

Are you thinking of trying a lowball offer?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #6

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
I share this with all of you a reminder of what is possible but (for me, at least), not possible to believe. Be sure to click through all the pictures: https://cosprings.craigslist.org/rvs...571309352.html

It sent chills up my spine.
OK, I looked at all the pictures and read all the text for the ad. I dont see anything that sends any chills anywhere. Its a neglected camper that needs a lot of work and is likely available for a fair price (based on the comment "so quick sale best offer accepted."). Whatever your point is, it eludes me.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:22 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
I might go as high as $500.00, not $5,000.00. One man’s junk is anoher man’s treasure.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:33 PM   #8

Registry
I already have a Casita so, no way am I interested in a buy!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Holy Crap on a Cracker?

I have seen some rough ones that someone thought were nice but this one..........

Are you thinking of trying a lowball offer?
Just couldn't believe anyone could let any trailer go to pot so severely. That's what I find unbelievable. I kept my dog's house cleaner than this! (To each his/her own?)
Old 05-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #9

Registry
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. $5,000 tag and the owner couldn't plow out the debris and make it half-way presentable? To me, that's chilling.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:48 PM   #10

North Carolina
Quote:
Just couldn't believe anyone could let any trailer go to pot so severely. That's what I find unbelievable. I kept my dog's house cleaner than this! (To each his/her own?)
OK I do see that point. But I would not be too quick to pass this by if I were looking for a project. It might very well have "good bones" and the fact that he has made no effort to clean it up tends to indicate to me that price is not his primary motivation. I'm sure if cleaned up and presented better it would get a better price but as is, he is almost forced to take less than asking. I suspect he knows that and does not care.

I have seen homes in similar condition, and cleaned up / fixed up, they sell with no problem.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:53 PM   #11

Registry
Well, you're right about trashed houses. I've seen the inside of pickup trucks and cars that have similar debris fields - but (to me) a living space - albeit one that is generally lived in very temporarily - this one is very hard to look at.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #12

North Carolina
Quote:
Well, you're right about trashed houses. I've seen the inside of pickup trucks and cars that have similar debris fields - but (to me) a living space - albeit one that is generally lived in very temporarily - this one is very hard to look at.
Other living spaces hard to look at:

https://www.aetv.com/shows/hoarders

I remember one case I had* where a woman in a half million dollar house had stacked up a neat row of used toilet paper in her bathroom, creating a wall about four feet high, all because she had no running water in her home so the TP would not flush. She never left home or picked up her mail (which was the reason we found out about her). I could go on, but you get the point. A sad case for sure.
---
* I am not connected to the TV show Horders
Old 05-02-2018, 09:35 AM   #13

Name: Tap
Trailer: 2015 17' Casita Independence, 2010 Escape 19’
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Agree 100%. At least give a clue what the link leads to.
TappyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TappyGee View Post
Agree 100%. At least give a clue what the link leads to.
Ad for trashed Casita.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:47 AM   #15

Name: Lenna & Roy
Trailer: 71 Boler & 73 Boler & 74 Boler
British Columbia
Poor little thing.

Seeing this just makes me sad. For the people who live this way but more for the little trailer that deserves a much more respectful owner.
Lenna K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #16

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenna K View Post
Seeing this just makes me sad. For the people who live this way but more for the little trailer that deserves a much more respectful owner.
Couldn't agree more! Feel sorry for both the owner and the trailer.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:43 AM   #17

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's just a Craigslist ad, just like dozens of other Craigslist ads we see here on the forums. Nothing nefarious about it and not click bait.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #18

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
And yet, I found how it was posted here objectionable. Not that it was posted, more an issue of phrasing I suppose. My immediate reaction was similar to Glenn's.

I don't read every post (anymore). If I can't tell the subject matter from the topic line, I rarely open it. In this case, I had some free time and I went a little deeper than normal and opened the post. But I still haven't clicked the url.

As for unbelievable;

“Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” ...Alice
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #19

Name: Jack
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17FD
Rapides Parish La.
I feel so sorry for this badly neglected little camper...unless there is truly major damage, it would make a good project...in it's condition, as shown, if the owner would send me 1500 bucks, I would go and bring it home
madjack
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:39 PM   #20

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Descriptive text and titles are useful. But I think the point was to surprise the reader that clicked the link.

Well as to good bones, I would say that might be true but having been staked out on an ant hill until the flesh was half stripped makes one really have to squint to see the "good" that might be there.

I noticed that it is in storage, not at the persons house. There was an offer to clean it up if anyone wanted to see it... can see why one might not want to tackle that job just to gain curb appeal. Especially since a lot of that damage won't be repaired. I also read something there that made me think they really didn't want to sell it. Or at least were conflicted about it.

They said the words "best offer" in that ad. I think the $5k starting point is supposed to set the starting point high, and/or make fewer people respond.

If one wanted to put in the work to have a custom Casita the work is needed which should help keep the price down. If one was going to want to rejigger things anyway might as well buy one that desperately needs it and save on the upfront outlay. Why pay for a good working bathroom if you are going to want a custom one?

Props to the seller for pointing out a whole raft of issues and not glossing it over wit a broad, needs a lttle work.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote