Up date on our cracked egg - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2018, 06:11 AM   #1

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
Up date on our cracked egg

We have 5 days before we pull off Jekyll Island and head south.

Yesterday the mobile RV service arrived albeit late in the day 15:30 ish Wed. with the new replacement Fiamma awning etc.
The Scamp factory supplied mounting brackets I ordered were mounted on the trailer. The service person had never used ProFlex sealer I requested before as he always has used silicone for non-FG rigs. He commented that it was certainly “gooey.” He had an assistant with him so work was moving rapidly. The assumption was all would be completed in a few hours. When the new replacement fan box was opened it was discovered that it had a broken mounting plate! No damage noted on the box so it was a total surprise. Replacement is being sent to him today but will not arrive until 17:30 ish or later. So he will not be able to return until Friday morning to mount the awning, replace a few rivets, and replace of the 12 v fan.

I also received the AAA insurance appraiser’s report by email yesterday. Yikes. What does the appraisal company NOT understand about FG trailers? Apparently nothing as the report listed “Sheet Metal (SM)”work at $120.00/hr. and 16.3 hours of work = $1,956.00.

I did talk directly to our Mich. AAA claims agent and was told we would be reimbursed for all on-site repairs and the parts I had ordered directly from Scamp covered the $100 deductible. The claims person also indicated full reimbursement for the fiberglass repairs once we head back to Scamp in the summer.

So our Scamp is/will be restored to factory specs and lives on!

Oh, our small electric heater died last night. So off the island today shopping for a replacement. Apparently, during the week of the 20F nighttime temps and the fateful ice storm, these were not to be found anywhere in neighboring Brunswick as all were snapped up.

We are happy Scampers again!

Bat Dude and family
Old 01-25-2018, 06:21 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Thanks for the update. Bummer about the fan. Sounds like your insurer is taking care of you, in spite of their lack of experience with molded trailers.

Onward!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:29 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
great

I am so glad for you I know a lot of stress with these repair and all the uncertainty. what a surprise when you opened your imporporatant box and this.

things will go smoothly now

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote