WANTED: 13' trailer work space in Vancouver, BC area!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 12:34 AM   #1

Name: Scott
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Lightbulb WANTED: 13' trailer work space in Vancouver, BC area!!

Hello there,

I live in Vancouver BC and am the owner of a 13' Trillium trailer. I live in an apartment and only have on-street parking, so I don't have any place to work on it. The trailer is currently stored in Squamish, BC, but unfortunately I'm not allowed to do any work on it in the lot where it is stored.

We bought it last fall with the primary intention of using throughout the winter months as a mini ski chalet We had a friend who had a driveway and they let us work on it there, but they have since moved and are driveway-less like us!

We put a lot of work into it last fall to restore the interior (new 12v electrical system, outfitted with LED lights and USB charge station; windows resealed; sanded down interior and repainted fiberglass and ensolite; new custom cabinet doors, table and counter-top; new boon-docking water tank and pump faucet; new faucet and connection to service hookup; new laminate 'wood' floor; interior seams resealed ( anti-skid tape + 3M Adhesive + fresh paint);... my mom made us awesome curtains, and a lot of other minor tweaks!). We got a lot of use out of it but there's still work to be done (as always)!

Most importantly, the exterior paint job condition when we bought it was never great (flaking and peeling). We bought it just as it started to get wet out last year, so we ensured it was fully sealed up and focused on the interior work. It has always been my intention to give it proper sand down and repaint. Living in an apartment with no garage or driveway, however, we've lacked the space to do so. It also seems nearly impossible to find a place that will allow work to be done on it around metro Vancouver - everyone seems to be storage only.

Does anyone know anywhere (or anyone) that would be willing to have me rent out space to work on it before we hit the rainy season again? I believe I would only need the space for 2-4 weeks, and would be willing to take day or two off work (+ some weeknights and weekends) to get it done as quickly.

Im friendly, responsible and I always keep my work space clean!

If anyone has any leads or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm located in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver, but essentially anywhere in Metro Vancouver area would work (the trailer is currently stored in Squamish).

Some photos of the trailer and the work we've done so far are here - but unfortunately I don't have any photos of the (nearly) finished interior with curtains and all.

Thanks and all the best,

Scott

Also, apologies if this isn't the right discussion group, didn't quite seem to fit in any of the categories. Let me know if there's a more appropriate section and ill move it.
Element89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #2

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
Work space

Hi Element. This is just a thought to pass on to you. A friend of mine in Atlanta was able to rent a Storage facility with power and lights that allowed him to work on his Scamp.He had to put up a small deposit that he got back when he left the unii clean. Good Luck. Joe
Old 08-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle of flight View Post
Hi Element. This is just a thought to pass on to you. A friend of mine in Atlanta was able to rent a Storage facility with power and lights that allowed him to work on his Scamp.He had to put up a small deposit that he got back when he left the unii clean. Good Luck. Joe
:the owner of that Trill is right about all the places you think might work for you is that they only allow storage, and finding someone who might let you use a unused garage is like looking for a Miracle. Though if you could find a garage for rent and if you tell them why they might let you do it but look at paying upwards of $100 and higher per month.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:the owner of that Trill is right about all the places you think might work for you is that they only allow storage, and finding someone who might let you use a unused garage is like looking for a Miracle. Though if you could find a garage for rent and if you tell them why they might let you do it but look at paying upwards of $100 and higher per month.
Stude
So far the only leads I have are for upwards of $500-$700 per month, and thats about 45 minute drive from where I live... I'm aiming to be finished the exterior work in one month or less, but I'm far from made of gold!

I would take $100 rate in a heartbeat. I need to get this done!
Old 08-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle of flight View Post
Thanks for the tip, I have inquired at a few storage places around here but so far none allow work to be done on site :/

I thought I might luck out at the public marina near where I live, Burrard Civic Marina which rents out workspace for boats up to 50' for $9.50, but they won't allow anything that isnt a boat.

Very frustrating considering the RV is fiberglass and the work i would be doing is very similar to the work a lot of people are doing on their boats! I get that they can't make exceptions (next someone with a massive RV will come knocking), but... it's still frustrating.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #6

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
My friend just rented a place that he could pull his cargo trailer into to replace the roof and support structure under it. Snow load collapse! He kept a daily watch on Craigslist in the commercial space section until a temporary rental showed up. That space has a tenant signed up for October which is why they wanted a short term tenant. Be diligent check Craigslist everyday in commercial as well as storage.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote