Warranty & Service -Good,Bad & Ugly - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2018, 02:01 PM   #1

Name: Brad
Trailer: Interested
Montana
Warranty & Service -Good,Bad & Ugly

Many of the folks have read my posts under Fulltiming thread and know I am in the market for buying a trailer.fiberglass preferred.I have found out some information that is interesting.One thing is most warranties are not transferable.So if you buy a trailer that may be new and covered under the factory warranty if you are the original owner you are somewhat ok but should you buy it second hand the warranty is not transferable.
There is more to add that I have learned and I will do it as the discussion goes on.I would like to know what others have to offer.
Montana Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:13 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I can only speak to Scamps warranty and process. Scamp's warranty only covers their work and materials. All the appliances are covered by their respective company. Scamp is 1 year, appliances are usually 2 or 3 years.
For Scamp's part you'll need to call Kent Eveland and tell him your problem. The go to a RV repair shop or where ever suits you. Have the repair people call Scamp after they looked at the trailer and they come to an arrangement of what type and how the repairs will be done. The repair shop bill Scamp.

I had to have a small repair on mine when it arrived. I dropped it off on my way to work and picked it up at noon, all finished and paid for.
Appliances warranty work will need to be done by a factory authorized service facility.

About the need for warranty service. Very little need for any warranty service at all. Travel trailers are NOT automobiles that seem to always require some sort of expensive service.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #3

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
I bought my last unit new and used it immediately. It needed a few things done so I put it in right away so as to use my warranty, no problem.
It took the dealership about a month to complete the work as they had to wait for parts. During this time my unit froze with considerable damage to the pump and plumbing. They handed me a bill for over $1000 for these repairs. I produced my copy of the work order which stated the unit HAD NOT been winterized so that was the end of that.
I bought my other units used. Private sale, no warranty. Some dealerships do give some warranty on used units but you have to be careful and get it in writing.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote