Wash and wax? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2021, 08:22 AM   #21

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Zep high gloss floor wax is for once-a-year folks (or longer in some climates). It does require stripping, which conventional waxes do not.

If I had to wax my trailer every month, I’d sell it.
Our trailer sits outside 24/7/365. You only need to strip if it's yellowing. I just did a major on our Escape (5 coats took about 3-4 hours, including the initial clean) and expect it to last 2-3 years.

I bought some Meguiar’s Flagship Premium Marine Fiberglass Wax and put some on a small area to see how it went. Too much work and hate buffing!

Like you Jon, if I had to be constantly waxing I'd either consider selling, or just not wax often enough.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:35 AM   #22

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
When I got my first RV, I naturally used Meguiar's RV washes and waxes. The first time I used it, it removed the stains Meguiar left behind and also took much less effort. It doesn't leave a black streak or an error. As others have suggested, use hot water to mix it. That actually seems to help it work faster.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 08:36 AM   #23

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie21 View Post
When I got my first RV, I naturally used Meguiar's RV washes and waxes. The first time I used it, it removed the stains Meguiar left behind and also took much less effort. It doesn't leave a black streak or an error. As others have suggested, use hot water to mix it. That actually seems to help it work faster.
Gel-Gloss RV wash and wax is known to be a highly concentrated detergent that is manufactured with soap. With the composition of bar soap, I am completely assured of its biodegradable and environmentally friendly properties.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote