Washing my Scamp on the road - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2021, 07:48 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerspook View Post
I have my frame and bottom undercoated
I’m sure that helps, but it doesn’t protect everything, like the inner workings of your brakes, hubs and studs, holding tank hardware... Salty road spray can get into small crevices that thicker undercoating products miss. Everything I’ve read recommends regular flushing of the undercarriage during the winter in addition to whatever rust prevention treatments have been used. I’d want to do both trailer and the tow vehicle.

But your vehicle, your trailer, your choice.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:13 AM   #22
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerspook View Post
I have my frame and bottom undercoated
Now that is a smart idea.

Did you do that yourself?
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:17 PM   #23

Name: Neville
Trailer: Trails West Campster
Ida Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by tua View Post
Now that is a smart idea.

Did you do that yourself?

It's easy! all you do is drop your drawers and sit in some PlastiDip.
Villen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:07 PM   #24

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Please follow the rules of the camp ground.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:51 AM   #25

Trailer: 1972 Boler American
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeleccleston View Post
By the time I reach Florida, after three days driving from Minnesota, my 1997 Scamp 13 will be coated with dirt, salt, etc etc. In previous years I have broken the rules at a campground and hosed it down after sponging with a little dish soap. I have noticed I am not the only person to do this. But is there a way to clean it and stay legal? Perhaps a truck wash? My TV is a Ford Escape.
After the 50th We towed across Canada down thru Niagara Falls to Maryland. That was a bit over 3000 miles thru some pretty bad weather and some really messed up roads. Our Camper had been painted in late July so the paint was less than 45 days old when our first wash job was due. We arrived in Hagerstown Md. and were wanting to have the first view of our 13' boler by the wife's family showing her with her best possible vantage. 3000 miles of grime was not the way to put our best foot forward. With a mild lift and a rack we are above 8' high (almost 8' 6") after looking for a you spray and driving in that direction we saw a church group having a car wash. There were NO cars waiting so I thought why not! I carry a wash brush on a wand that attaches to a hose a folding 3 step ladder and a bucket but this was too good to pass up. I negotiated a package deal as I told them I was really picky and was concerned about the paint cause it was fresh. I also said I wanted to be fair and thought that $20.00 for both truck and egg was not enough. We got a great wash! I doubled the total and it cost $50.00! The kids were really careful and neat. It turned out they were trying to get money for a cheer leading team and had ONLY 3 customers all day! I was pleased with their effort and would have contributed anyway so I won both ways.
Marty Smiltneek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp