We brought another one home ! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #1

Name: Phil
Trailer: 17ft 98 Casita FD
Texas
For those that dont know, our whole family has fiberglass RV's

First mine and Denise's have the Bigfoot 21 RB
my mom and dad have a 17ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Denise's dad has 17ft Casita Spirit Deluxe

and Denise's mom "who actually has a small house behind ours' has been tent camping with us for the past few years next to our camper. After the rain at spring fling rally she decided she wanted a 13ft fiberglass RV.

So after looking for awhile she decided she wanted the 13ft Lovebug that Lisa Rynearson "also a member on here
" had for sale at the last Pineknott Rally.

Well it was delivered today,and im already starting the mods for her.. adding a solar panel, bike rack and some other goodies for her. Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
0907_001.jpg   weekend_082507_050.jpg  

Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #2

Texas
more pics

Attached Thumbnails
Camper_0907_003.jpg   Camper_0907_004.jpg  

Old 10-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #3

Texas

we have to say Lisa did an excellent job restoring this camper

Attached Thumbnails
0907_003.jpg   Camper_0907_007.jpg  

Old 10-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
Hi Phil and Denise

That is a really cool looking trailer and just right for one. It looks very well cared for, too. If she parks it on the north side of your Bigfoot, there ought to be plenty of shade for it.

Dave
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #5

Name: Nita
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel Deluxe
I was wondering why you were hanging out at Lisa's camper at Pine Knot! Congratulations on another fine purchase. Should be an interesting sight with the former police car towing the Love Bug!

Nita
Nita F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
That is a very nice looking trailer. Thanks for the pics.
Mike
Michael W A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:13 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi:Phil Underwood... Looks a really nice unit. Is that Scamp upholstery I see? Does the Love Bug mean you're going to tow doubles?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Hey Phil, Your family can hold it's own FGRV Rally! Congrats, the Lovebug looks great. What mods are you going to do to it?
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:24 AM   #9

Texas
You are correct that is Scamp interior , and the first mods her mom wants are a solar panel and a bike rack
Old 10-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #10

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Looks like a great buy, Tell your MIL Congrats! And Enjoy!

I agree with Brian, Sounds like an Underwood rally would have lot's of glass in attendance.
Attached Images

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #11

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
Quote:
Hi Phil and Denise

. . . If she parks it on the north side of your Bigfoot, there ought to be plenty of shade for it.

Dave

Most excellent, Phil! I'm so glad for her that she'll no longer need to battle with the set up & tear down routine of a tent. No more late night "high water rescues" as her tent fills with water and everyone will have a nice night's sleep. _____

Well Done . . .
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #12

Trailer: 16 ft Casita
I know the Lovebug is in great hands and will be well taken care of. Be sure and post some pics of the mods you make. I am now looking for a 16' with a bathroom. Hopefully I'll have one before the Matagorda Rally, otherwise I may be the one that needs rescued from a tent.
Lisa Rynearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #13

Trailer: 1973 Love Bug
I guess I am "official" now. Hope to see everyone at the next rally. I love the little Love bug, Lisa did a wonderful job of fixing it up.

Mary
Mary Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #14

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Welcome Mary, and Congrat's it's a cutie. Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #15

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Mary
Glad you got it. Hope you have as much fun with your 13ft as we did with ours.
Arlis & Nina
addean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #16

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Mary, and congratulations on increasing the number of 'Eggs' in the family nest! We are in our 4th year of touring this gorgeous country in our Scamp 13 and look forward to many more years and miles of fun. Hope you will enjoy the same with your LoveBug! Perhaps our travel paths will cross one of these days. Wishing you safe journeys and many wonderful memories. Happy Trails - L 'n D

Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #17

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
First congratulations to Mary (and kudos to Lisa for a really cool renovation ). Mary I know you will really enjoy a dry place to camp! My wife, Norma, and I just came back from a week on the Oregon coast ( on the way home from the Stub Stewart gathering ) and it rained daily. We really sympathized with the tent campers who were out in the wet. We backpacked New Mexico for many years and did not encounter to many rainy days in that area but it was really a mess when we did. I really like the flooring in the Love Bug and have a question for Mary, Lisa or Phil. Please tell me exactly what the floor covering is and what the installation process was. Thanks Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #18

Trailer: 16 ft Casita
Quote:
First congratulations to Mary (and kudos to Lisa for a really cool renovation ). Mary I know you will really enjoy a dry place to camp! My wife, Norma, and I just came back from a week on the Oregon coast ( on the way home from the Stub Stewart gathering ) and it rained daily. We really sympathized with the tent campers who were out in the wet. We backpacked New Mexico for many years and did not encounter to many rainy days in that area but it was really a mess when we did. I really like the flooring in the Love Bug and have a question for Mary, Lisa or Phil. Please tell me exactly what the floor covering is and what the installation process was. Thanks Lee
The floor covering is linoleum that has a wood floor design. It came from Lowe's ( Home Depot also sells it) and it was approx. $15.00 for a 9'x12' remnant. It was very easy to put down. Just apply the glue, which came in a qt can, , let it sit until it is tacky, then proceed to lay the linoleum down. It is very easy to do. It took less than 2 hours for the entire floor to be installed.
Lisa Rynearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #19

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Quote:
The floor covering is linoleum that has a wood floor design. It came from Lowe's ( Home Depot also sells it) and it was approx. $15.00 for a 9'x12' remnant. It was very easy to put down. Just apply the glue, which came in a qt can, , let it sit until it is tacky, then proceed to lay the linoleum down. It is very easy to do. It took less than 2 hours for the entire floor to be installed.
Lisa Thanks for the response. I will be checking it out and am looking forward to replacing the carpet we currently have. On a recent trip we had a front winddow leak which in turn caused the carpet to get wet. It rained then for a solid week
leaving us with a miserable mess that never dried out. I now understand why so many of the eggs have hardwood or linoleum floors and I intend to follow suit. Thanks again Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #20

Texas
Quote:
I was wondering why you were hanging out at Lisa's camper at Pine Knot! Congratulations on another fine purchase. Should be an interesting sight with the former police car towing the Love Bug!

Nita
Attached Thumbnails
100_1725.JPG