What's the best wax? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
I'm hopefully going to have time this weekend to wax our Casita before we head off to the beach with it next Thursday.

What's the best wax I can get to do the job? What do you guys generally use?
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
The best wax is one that you'll use!

Everyone has their favorite, but I personally like Maguire's Flagship Marine wax. I've probably tried them all (or close to it) and it has given me the best results. Once in a while, I also give it a good polish with Starbrite Marine Polish with Teflon, but it doesn't take the place of waxing for me.

I try and wax the front of my trailer before every trip. It helps the bugs just wash off when I get home.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:26 AM   #3

Trailer: 25 ft Bigfoot
Bob:
As noted above, everyone has a favorite. I use 3M Marine Protective Liquid Wax. Most Walmarts carry it. It comes in just plain wax and also, in another formulation, with a mild abrasive. It's for fiberglss boats, but it does a great job on my Bigfoot. It says it has UV protection on the white bottle it comes in. It strikes a balance between the easy on/easy off stuff and the hard to do paste waxes. Takes me the better part of a day to do my 25 footer, but it looks really nice afterwards and lasts a season. I repolish every fall before the cover goes on.
Al
Al Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:54 AM   #4

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
I'm hopefully going to have time this weekend to wax our Casita before we head off to the beach with it next Thursday.

What's the best wax I can get to do the job? What do you guys generally use?
Hi Bob,
If you look up 3 posts here, under Vertglas, the topic of wax came up.
I've tried them all too, but now swear by Collinite 925 Boat Wax. I bought my 1 bottle off ebay last summer. You can check with your local Marina. If they don'nt stock it, they can surely order it for you pretty fast. You will really like it....#1 in my book here in Michigan.

Dave
1978 Trillium 4500
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
Hi Bob,
If you look up 3 posts here, under Vertglas, the topic of wax came up.
I've tried them all too, but now swear by Collinite 925 Boat Wax. I bought my 1 bottle off ebay last summer. You can check with your local Marina. If they don'nt stock it, they can surely order it for you pretty fast. You will really like it....#1 in my book here in Michigan.

Dave
1978 Trillium 4500
Thanks!

I did end up having time to wash and wax the Casita. I used a standard auto wax just to see what the results would be. It was okay, but not up to the standards I want.

I'll wash and wax it again before our next trip, and I'll try the Collinite 925.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:32 PM   #6

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Hi Dave, I was in Fargo and Grand Forks, N.D. and checked with Boat places there and no one had a Collinite supplier listed in their jobber books and had never heard of it.....will try around Winnipeg here and if not will get some from the manufacturer I guess....apparently the #925 is $14 a bottle plus shipping....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #7

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
Hi Dave, I was in Fargo and Grand Forks, N.D. and checked with Boat places there and no one had a Collinite supplier listed in their jobber books and had never heard of it.....will try around Winnipeg here and if not will get some from the manufacturer I guess....apparently the #925 is $14 a bottle plus shipping....Benny
Hi Benny,
I seen a bottle on Ebay for around that price, but on top of that they were going to charge $8.50 for shipping, which I thought was a bit high!

I hope you like it as much as I do! Of course like any wax, apply in small sections, in the shade, and I started from the top and worked my way down to the sides. One bottle will do it for you!

We are heading out for our 1st trip of the season later today here in Michigan to a real nice State Camp Park called Sleepy Hollow....can't wait!!!!

Dave in Michigan
1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote