Wise Sales? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
My wife and I are going to order a Honda 2000 generator tomorrow from Wise Sales. I know some of you have bought from them. Good service? They seem like friendly folk over the phone.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #2
GregM

We purchased 2- 2000eu's from Wise in August 05. Both gensets arrived exactly when they said that they would. They have a great reputation.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
Wise sales is #1 choice unless you live in Illinois, then #1 is Mayberry's.

Here is a link to the best deal anywhere The Hull Truth Forum, Generator Power buy. It is authorized to be used by anyone that has been to their forum. No need to join. Ends March 1, 2006. It is with Wise sales.
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Andy Earthman
You might find someone local that sells them and ask if they will match the price including taxes. That way you can help your local economy. That's what I did when I got mine in 04'. It's worth a try and if you do have trouble you can get it fixed faster if you bought it at the same place.

This ain't no stinkin' Starbucks.

Honda Eu2000i and Cappuccino Maker.....Early Morning Latte at Badwater, Death Valley

Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3817.JPG  
Andy Earthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:30 PM   #5

What makes it better than any other place with good service that sells Honda Power Equipment? Do they give you more stuff? Extend Warranty? What do they do better?

Quote:
Wise sales is #1 choice unless you live in Illinois, then #1 is Mayberry's.

Here is a link to the best deal anywhere The Hull Truth Forum, Generator Power buy. It is authorized to be used by anyone that has been to their forum. No need to join. Ends March 1, 2006. It is with Wise sales.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
Andy, obviously you didn't read the threat at The Hull Truth. Better price, better service, pleasure to deal with.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:02 PM   #7

What I asked was how is it better. I got mine at Honda Town on E Lake St mpls Mn. I gave them the price I was willing to pay, based on best EBay price and what I found online. They said OK after a bit. Next morning I came in they filled it with oil showed me and told me about it and fired it up. I went home a happy camper with my new Honda at the price I was happy with.. So does that Make Honda Town the Best #1 place to buy the Honda Eu200i? No. Or does it?

So if I can do it anyone can do it. Right? Right.

Peace
A.

Give it a try and spend the buck in your home town. After all your getting more for your money that way... In Karma.

Quote:
Andy, obviously you didn't read the threat at The Hull Truth. Better price, better service, pleasure to deal with.

Curt
Old 02-24-2006, 05:53 AM   #8

I've tried that at the few places that I've found in town with the generators. None of them will come down to the prices I can find on the internet. Apparently they can sell them pretty fast at $1,000.00 just fine without marking them down to match the $875.00 prices I find on the net.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:42 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think Andy has a good idea. It never hurts to ask. If you don't ask, they've already said NO (and be prepared to compromise). The more money you can keep in your pocket, the more money you have to spend on other things.

Free, cheap and on sale...three of my favorite things
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:00 AM   #10

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
We all gloss over the bargaining process, thinking it's a little crazy, crass, anit-establishment, anti-American and all that. Just one step above dumpster diving, or dining at a soup kitchen.

But did you not see Andy's signature? "too young to retire at 39?" No one wants to do that. It's a little crazy, crass, anti-establishment, anti-American and all that! He's not keeping his nose to the grindstone until he is 65 or 671! The social security system is going to go broke because of the likes of him!

My impression is that Andy's not a guy that won a lotto, got handed his bread on a silver platter, was able to choose his parents or any of that. I believe he had to work, scratch, make do, make tough decisions and all the rest until he was 39, then he took stock of his situation and made a decision to retire.

Now he's letting a trick out of his bag: 1) When you want to purchase something, do a good job of finding the seller with the best price. 2) Take evidence of that offer to your local seller and ask him to match it. 3) If he does, you have a deal. 4) If he doesn't, you make a decision whether to pay him more than the other guy for the same item, buy from the other guy or keep your money.

What's wrong with that? Is it loss of face? Go figure.

As for me, I do it all the time. But I had to wait 'till 48 to retire. So Andy's got it down better than I do. I'm going to be watching his posts for more tricks.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #11

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Bob,

We bought an EU3000 from Wise last summer at the same price quoted on hull boat site. Can't remember who I talked to but they were quite patient with all my questions. I was considering 2K vs 3K, Honda vs Yamaha vs Chinese along with a number of other questions and he answered all of them to my satisfaction.

I did try to negotiate with the local folks to no avail. Heck, the Northern Tool store here had a 'slightly used' EU3000 and still wanted $100+ more when you added in the sales tax. I even called Wise while at the counter and let the Northern store manager hear the quoted price.

I destroyed the OEM Honda cover that we purchased from Wise while on our trip to Big Bend and have since found that Northern is $5 cheaper than Wise on this particular accessory.

Overall - no complaints with Honda or Wise.

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #12

Retired at 39??!! Yow! My hat's off to anyone who can do that!

What I did for pricing the generators locally was to go to the main Honda website and there they have a funcition that will give you all of the local dealers who carry their generators.

I then went down the list and called them (there were about ten locally) and explained that I could get the generator for $875 postpaid on the net but that I'd rather get it locally and aksed if they could meet that price (or even come close). Most of them just said "no", and three of them said that if I could print out an advertised price then they'd meet it. However, Honda apparently doesn't allow its sellers to advertise a price on the net, so that's impossible. I was able to give the web address of the seller, but that wasn't good enough.

Thus, I'll be spending my money out of state.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #13

The first thing I learned as a car salesman. You can not sell/make a deal on the phone. Don't talk price on the phone. Ya gotta get them in the door. Same goes here.

I didn't call them. I went down there and stood in front of them checkbook/credit card/wallet in hand ready the buy.

Ya know. Money talks and all.

I retired at 37...Semi retired. I'll have to go back to work some day.. Thinking 2 - 6 months from now. I get a little bored from time to time. But the travel bug bites often and well that's what I do. I will not find myself to old, sick, tired or simply unable for whatever reason to see this once great country of ours and as many natural wonders as possible. No kids to drag me down, slow me down. One girlfriend that understands what its all about...and she does. I could see myself at one time working all my life and saving and retiring at say 60 or so. And then the bus hits me and I'm unable to do anything...
My luck.

Took off on the trip last year and my apt was robbed 6wks later. They took most of my stuff..

my luck

So I'm doing it now.. Seeing it now....

A.

Quote:
Retired at 39??!! Yow! My hat's off to anyone who can do that!

What I did for pricing the generators locally was to go to the main Honda website and there they have a funcition that will give you all of the local dealers who carry their generators.

I then went down the list and called them (there were about ten locally) and explained that I could get the generator for $875 postpaid on the net but that I'd rather get it locally and aksed if they could meet that price (or even come close). Most of them just said "no", and three of them said that if I could print out an advertised price then they'd meet it. However, Honda apparently doesn't allow its sellers to advertise a price on the net, so that's impossible. I was able to give the web address of the seller, but that wasn't good enough.

Thus, I'll be spending my money out of state.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:39 PM   #14

Ordered my generator from Wise Sales today. They said I should have it by Thursday. The last big dollar purchase we have to make to complete our wish list for our Casita is the Fiamma Florida Room.