12 volt lighting problem - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #1

Trailer: ventura
i got a battery and hooked it up the lights on the bed workd fine but the other lights in the kitchen and bathromm dont work any ideas? thanks dave k
david john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #2

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Check the bulbs in the other lights. If not that check for a fuse that's burned out or a bad ground to the fixtures. A quick way to check for a bad ground is use a length of wire from the negative terminal on the battery and touch the base of each light bulb with the switch on. Mike
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Dave: if all the lights do not work I would sooner think a fuse or wirering problem to the first fixture in this line of bulbs, then burnt bulbs
If fuse is known to be good and the power is getting though to bulb side of fuse, for a test I would run a direct wire from here and splice it into the first fixture in line. If this works I bet the rest of the lights will work too with this jumper wire in and your problem is either the ground or power wire from fuse to first fixture.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lighting