13' Boler - How to Price for sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1300 1979
Hi Folks,

Hope everyone has had a good winter and for us in the snow it will soon be time to dig out the Boler.

I was wondering how you go about putting a cost on a Boler? I was thinking of selling mine but have no idea what it is worth. I now have four kids and it is a bit cramped.....

I have redone the inside etc and the outside is in decent shape.

Is there a guide you follow or questions you would ask if you were buying this? I have searched the forums and prices vary drastically.

Thanks

Graeme
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi Graeme,

As you have found, it's not really possible to find a definitive price. There are so many variables. Location, condition, season, etc.

And then you have seller variation. I tend to price on the low end, because I don't want to have to "sell," the trailer to the potential new owner, nor do I want to have a trailer for sale for any longer than necessary. I would rather price a tad low, and then have a quick sale and a happy buyer. But that's just me.

At the other end of the spectrum is the sort of person who will sell for a certain price only, and they don't mind if a buyer doesn't come along until the cows come home -- or never. They have their price and that's that.

Then there is everything in between.

With upgrades, they can be a feature or a detriment, depending on how they were carried out, and what the buyer likes. Original condition is nearly always a safe bet (which is not to say that one should not modify their trailer, or that modifications cannot be improvements).

I would read through the archives of "sold" and "referrals," keeping in mind that those are asking prices. You can also search "completed listings" on eBay. It's all still a process with no hard and fast rules though.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1300 1979
Thanks - I figured as much. This is a hard time for me - I am emotionally attached to my egg lol.... but with the kids and the fact that being 6'3 230 I don't really fit in it..... It may be time to move onto bigger things.

I will compile some pictures and throw it up in the sale post once the snow disappears a bit and I can unwrap it and check it out. I agree on the pricing I don't need to sell it and I have room to keep it but if it sits there then nobody ever gets to enjoy it. Is a unused Boler really a happy Boler?

G
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There are two selling prices, really. What the seller wants to get for the trailer and what a buyer is willing to pay. Somewhere in the middle is a good place to start. You can always come down if your trailer doesn't sell, but once you have a buyer it's hard to go up in price! And as Raya mentioned location, location, location. Prices for Bolers seem to be higher on the eastside of the country...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1984
How much did you originally pay for the trailer and is it worth less than that?
15 years ago we bought a 10 year old freshly painted, Boler for $4000. Now, after a new axle. a repaint, a new interior upgrade and other additions I wouldn't ask any less and probably a bit more.

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
I paid $550CAD for mine, with it needing a complete overhaul. I think I got a steal.

Here's a site that may help:
http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/
ReilleyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1984
[quote]
I paid $550CAD for mine, with it needing a complete overhaul. I think I got a steal.

I usually find that it's always someone else that gets those bargians. Bummer!
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp
Unhappy

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Hope everyone has had a good winter and for us in the snow it will soon be time to dig out the Boler.

I was wondering how you go about putting a cost on a Boler? I was thinking of selling mine but have no idea what it is worth. I now have four kids and it is a bit cramped.....

I have redone the inside etc and the outside is in decent shape.

Is there a guide you follow or questions you would ask if you were buying this? I have searched the forums and prices vary drastically.

Thanks

Graeme
Hi, we paid 800 for ours. Needs remodeling. But we bought it from someone we knew. I consider it a good deal because I know it will be worth more once we fix it up. Plus it suits our needs perfectly.
laura berkebill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler