13' Scamp: Kitchen and Closet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2024, 08:56 PM   #1

Name: R
Trailer: SCAMP 13' layout1
GA
13' Scamp: Kitchen and Closet

I recently purchased the last 2023 13' layout 1 model that Scamp had! I reached out for advice a few months back when I thought I would be putting in for a made-to-order scamp. I really appreciated the feedback. Now that I have Scamp in hand, I'm curious to see how other 13' Scamp owners have outfitted the kitchen space. Pictures please! Secondarily, I would love to see how you folks have outfitted the narrow closet (for me, pantry) across from the kitchen. I'm planning on putting in shelves.
milsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 08:05 AM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Scamp shelves

Quote:
Originally Posted by milsap View Post
I recently purchased the last 2023 13' layout 1 model that Scamp had! I reached out for advice a few months back when I thought I would be putting in for a made-to-order scamp. I really appreciated the feedback. Now that I have Scamp in hand, I'm curious to see how other 13' Scamp owners have outfitted the kitchen space. Pictures please! Secondarily, I would love to see how you folks have outfitted the narrow closet (for me, pantry) across from the kitchen. I'm planning on putting in shelves.
My closet is in the corner and an odd shape so I cut card board patterns for shape and size, transferred to 1/2 inch plywood and use shelf brackets on the edge to keep them from sagging. They are supported by PVC pipe through holes.
Attached Thumbnails
46 SHELVES 2.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 11:17 AM   #3

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Not a Scamp, but a 17' SD Casita. However, most trailer kitchens aren't all that different "out the door." I never cared much for the "birdbath" shallow sink, and the Suburban two burner stove that came with the trailer originally. (My new galley 2.0 below.)
Much easier to clean the stove top now. The range is totally sealed to the countertop, like my new 9" deep galley sink, so no water, food crumbs, etc. or anything else can work its way into my silverware drawer under the stove. And the new Dometic stove will actually go to a low simmer setting without sputtering and going out. It also has a recessed area for the control knobs and a piezo igniter, so no more singed arm hair while lighting it up. Big improvement.

Previous post: https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ves-94159.html
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0014.jpg   IMG_0015.jpg  

IMG_0006.jpg   IMG_0004.jpg  

Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 11:00 AM   #4

Name: Laurie
Trailer: Scamp 13'
California
I left the closet pole in--so much easier to transfer clothes straight from the closet--one multi-shirt hanger, one multi-pant hanger, and one coat over a sweater, sweatshirt, or etc--and I use a hanging vertical shoe rack as shelves for underwear, sox, sleepwear, shoes, etc small items. There's still room on the floor, upper shelf, and shelf closet for food and miscellaneous stuff. I also keep the bed up and put in a swivel table, (so much better!) so there's also room for a few bins as well as the dog bed (she loves it) in the deep space under the bed/couch.
LaurieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 10:01 PM   #5

Name: Cori
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13'
Texas
Swivel table

Where did you attach the swivel table? Did you make your own or buy a laguna table? I never take my bed apart but miss having a table!
Cori
Cori A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 10:25 AM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
We've never had a need for the hangar bar, and it was one of the first things to go away. (Yeah, we all fly differently,) We only take clothes that can be folded in our travel bags. We're not dressing for dinner at the Waldorf. After I retired I gave away all my business suits to the Salvation Army. Today, I don't even own a suit, nor do I miss having to wear them. When we're trailering, its T-shirts, jeans, shorts, sweatshirts, etc. FWIW, We don't even keep clothes in the closet. It's much more valuable as storage space. Our clothes live in soft-sided travel bags, and on extended trips, we stop and do laundry as needed. I added a couple of coat hooks on the outside of the closet door for convenience, and the entire inside of the closet is storage area.

I also added a floor in the closet at the height of the bottom of the closet door, and cut another compartment door in under it.

Sewed up a Herculite, (aka truckers tarp material,) compartmentalized door hanging "hold-it" on the inside for odds and ends.

When I added the lower hatch door, I had to move the 120 V outlet over to the side, and while I was at it, I added another one above the closet door. My wife loves this one for her hair appliances, and I don't have to trip over the cords. It's a win-win.
Attached Thumbnails
newlocker.jpg   Closet Shelves1.JPG  

closet1.JPG   closet3.JPG  

001.JPG   newlockerdoor.jpg  

Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 05:29 PM   #7

California
I bought a Laguna. It swivels in all direction & up & down. My bed/lounge is a single, so there''s space between that and the sink unit to put it. I used the leftover piece that makes the bed into a full for the top. Perfect size to snug in out of the way. Installation was a bit tricky, some contortionsneeded to get the bolts in and tightened, but I made it work--did it two years ago, when I was 78 yo.
Old 06-02-2024, 05:42 PM   #8

California
Photo of the table in the "closed, up" position. You can just make out the post under the table.
Attached Thumbnails
20211121_172510.jpg  
Old 06-02-2024, 05:45 PM   #9

California
Sorry, it loaded upside down.

Tags
scamp