13' Scamp w/ big bed dimensions... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #1

Name: Ben
Trailer: Scamp
California
13' Scamp w/ big bed dimensions...

I'm hoping someone with a big bed 13' scamp layout 1 (bunk beds) can take a tape measure and help me out a bit.

I'm looking for the exact width dimensions of the sink/stove cabinet, especially if you have a furnace.

We rented a 13' with small bed, and our dog crate fit perfectly without blocking the furnace. I'm worried with the big bed model we have on order that we'll block the furnace, but I can't find any exact dimensions.

Can someone please measure from front bunks to furnace, or at least the entire floor space from front bunks to back bed? Thanks!
bmacaskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:51 PM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Ben, we had a big bed 13' Scamp. The bed was 54" wide, and pretty sure the standard bed was 44" wide. If the furnace on your rental was next to the bed like this one is, your furnace will be 10" closer to the couch. Here is a picture of ours. Sorry we don't have this one anymore, so I can't give you dimensions. I'm sure someone will. Also sorry the pic is tilted. It still may help you visualize the area.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00456.jpg  
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #3

California
Thanks Tom. I know it's going to be close, I'm hoping the actual measurements will make it clear if it will work or not.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
The area is tight Ben. That floor is also where the porta potty sits at night. You might have to re-think your dogs sleeping arrangement? Where there's a will; there's a way. I'm sure you'll work it out. We loved our 13. We spent 3 months at a time in ours when wintering in FL. and many other shorter trips each year.

We had 2 small dogs and they let us sleep in the big bed with them. Dewey the Dachshund is in that big campground in the sky, but Piper the Brat Terrier is still our constant camping companion. I wouldn't want to give up the big bed or the heater. I don't know how big your dog is, but you may have some room under the bed or on the couch?

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:23 AM   #5

California
I'm still hoping to get the exact measurements if someone has that model and a tape measure handy.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:58 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
13f scamp

we have a 13f scamper I can tell you 10in expansion for the bed is going to be rough. our bed is 44in to expand would involve moving the kitchen cabinent the upright cabinent on the right could be taken out maybe but you lose storage and the cabinent reinforces the camper.

it is cramped in our trailer for 2 people we have a small dog we tried to put her on a bed on the kitchen sink area she throw a fit. pets rule you know!

we put a futon on the other end in order to have a place to set maybe you could do something there for doggie I don't know.

and actually our trailer measures 10f not 13f its some term invented to sell trailers. so you see a 10in change would be drastic!!

we love our scamper but our A-Liner had more room in it for such ideas.

good luck

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:16 AM   #7

Name: Tony
New York
Ben,

We have a 2017 Scamp 13 big bed layout 1.

The length of the cabinet / counter is 35 1/4 inches. The bottom of the furnace grill sits 19 1/2 inches from the floor.

Hope this helps.

Tony
TonyJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #8

California
Tony, that's a HUGE help, thanks!
Old 01-22-2018, 01:51 PM   #9

New York
Ben,
Glad to help.
Tony
Old 01-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #10

New York
Additional info.

The distance from the bunk end of the cabinet / counter to the furnace grate is 24 inches.

Tony
Old 01-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #11

California
Exactly what I was looking for, even better! Thanks so much.

Tags
scamp