14 x 17 dome cover for skylight - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 13 ft
Where would I find something like that and does anybody know the manufacture

Is there a place that I can order a service manual for the older models (pre 1980)

I have a 13 foot Casita that I am about to refurbish and need to find out all I can about how it was made any rebuilders out there???

yes I checked the manuals in the document center and that was a good start

thanks

I need some help please!!!
wayne stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 73 13 ft Hunter Compact II
Quote:
Where would I find something like that and does anybody know the manufacture

Is there a place that I can order a service manual for the older models (pre 1980)

I have a 13 foot Casita that I am about to refurbish and need to find out all I can about how it was made any rebuilders out there???

yes I checked the manuals in the document center and that was a good start

thanks

I need some help please!!!

Hi Wayne. Welcome to the forum.
Have you contacted the casita factory there in Texas. I am sure they have information on older units and any information you might need. Unlike most of us who have trailers that are no longer manufactured, your trailer manufacturer is still in business.
Good Luck

Darrel
Darrel Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi Wayne. Welcome to the forum.
Have you contacted the casita factory there in Texas. I am sure they have information on older units and any information you might need. Unlike most of us who have trailers that are no longer manufactured, your trailer manufacturer is still in business.
Good Luck

Darrel
they don't have anything on the older models talked to them this morning

I put this same request on there Forum and they suggested I put it here for better results
Old 06-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #4

Quote:
they don't have anything on the older models talked to them this morning

I put this same request on there Forum and they suggested I put it here for better results
Wayne I'm sorry they didn't have the information you needed. I am doing a new frame and up restoration on a 1973 Compact II. It is not exactly like the Casita but i'm sure between all of the restorers on this forum we should be able to help a little.

The 14 x 17 hatch sounds more like an escape hatch size than a vent hatch which are usually a 14 x 14 standard. If it is an escape hatch you may not want a dome on it as that would limit the safety aspects of the hatch. Do you have any trailer suppliers around you or access to the internet?

What year is your Casita? I would guess that the basic construction will be similar to the current models. The accessories and appliances may have changed but should be similar to other older trailers as these items come from the same industry resources.

What spacifically do you need help with?
Old 06-22-2006, 04:35 PM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Scamp uses a escape hatch, maybe someone installed it on yours.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Scamp uses a escape hatch, maybe someone installed it on yours.
No this was definaetly a skylight

I plan on building a cover and putting a regular vent /fan. over the top

I was looking for old service manuals to have reference to how it should be.

I will be starting the tear down today and the main objective will be gutting the trailer and getting all the old carpet out and off the walls and saving stuff for patterns and general clean up of the inside.

then start going thru all the stuff and fixing or replacing

once all the appliances are working both water and electric I will start the rebuild

it will take all summer and maybe more
Old 06-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #7

Quote:
No this was definaetly a skylight

I plan on building a cover and putting a regular vent /fan. over the top

I was looking for old service manuals to have reference to how it should be.

I will be starting the tear down today and the main objective will be gutting the trailer and getting all the old carpet out and off the walls and saving stuff for patterns and general clean up of the inside.
then start going thru all the stuff and fixing or replacing

once all the appliances are working both water and electric I will start the rebuild

it will take all summer and maybe more
Well the skylight thing has me scratching my head. Can you post a picture? otherwise we are just guessing. It might even be an automobile skylight someone installed.

Anyway please post your progress. You have a good list of things to do. My project was supposed to take a year and four years later I took it out one time. I hope to get it on the road again this fall or next spring barring any unforseen obsticles. Too many priorities pop up you know.

Good luck
Darrel
Old 06-23-2006, 02:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Wayne Stout,

According to their brochure, Casita started as a seperate company in 1983. There is apparently a family connection between Casita and Scamp, which has a longer history. You may want to re-check your "pre-1980 Casita 13" because Casitas don't go back that far. The large skylight sounds like a modification by a previous owner. The larger size vents and skylights are sometimes called exit vents because you could escape thru one, I think. Brand names are Elixer, Ventline and Jensen.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Wayne Stout,

According to their brochure, Casita started as a seperate company in 1983. There is apparently a family connection between Casita and Scamp, which has a longer history. You may want to re-check your "pre-1980 Casita 13" because Casitas don't go back that far. The large skylight sounds like a modification by a previous owner. The larger size vents and skylights are sometimes called exit vents because you could escape thru one, I think. Brand names are Elixer, Ventline and Jensen.
well that is interesting information I could not find a data plate where they told me to look on the left side and will check the axel tonight and see if I can get anything off it as far as the year manufactured.
the hole measures 14 X 21 and I was told that it has a sky light

I will check the exit vents on line today
Old 06-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #10

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Wayne,

We have an '84 Casita, and ours has an exit vent that measures 14 X 21". Since none of our windows are exit windows, we need to keep the vent uncovered in case an emergency exit is needed.

We'd love to see interior photos of your Casita - we haven't seen many other older ones!

Best wishes,
Jeanne

Click image for larger version

Name:	Casitaexitvent004a.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	3644
Attached Thumbnails
Casitaexitvent001a.jpg  
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote