16 ft Scamp window A/C - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2022, 09:36 PM   #21

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004scamp View Post
Thanks for additional info

Family thing is as far as it is going to go, with dad at near 90, and 8 siblings, it is just a camper and we use it with his blessing. No storage due!
Enough about that.

I think you may have miss understood that one. I was not suggesting that you charge your dad storage. I am suggesting that if you need to talk to your siblings about this, you say you would not really charge your dad storage, but that you think you are due some consideration because of the storage. Be very positive that either way you are not going to try and collect storage. You just think that if it is at your house it would be really nice if you could use it and an air conditioner would make it more useful. Then also if it has the root top support that an air conditioner will add more to the value than the cost. So even if you get the money for the air conditioner back they would be money ahead.

But I am sorry if you thought that I said you should collect storage from your dad.
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:07 AM   #22

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
I was the guy who made those Scamp AC window brackets.
-Yes, just a very standard small window AC and they are standard dimensions.
-Build exactly to plans, exactly! It's a very tight fit, it worked great.
-It must be taken out for travel but was sturdy enough and well balanced to hang without a support.
-Yes, Scamps are wired with 12-2 wire throughout so you can plug an AC safely inside to my knowledge.
-Yes, down the road I would go rooftop with a Scamp. Very easy to see if support was already in, just rub the roof and feel for the already existing 12-2 wire that was put in at factory for future AC.
-No, I am not making any more AC window supports anymore. I made a few for others but you have to get full sheets of plywood or plastic and the dimensions needed are not very efficient with a lot of waste. You may find somebody who has the right pieces lying around from other projects for one or two. But making more from scratch you have to make many to make it worthwhile in my opinion.
Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 12:13 PM   #23

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp
AZ
No, not at all did I read to charge my dad storage.
It is the 8 siblings to deal with. They say now they want nothing to do with that old junk, but as soon as something happens, some of them claim to be the favorite and should get everything they want for nothing. They suddenly want now, what they turned their noses up at earlier. Yes, I have some of "those" type of relatives!
No, I am going with the window air for now, and when the time comes, will address the factory air on top.
Thank you so much for your feedback, as I do appreciate any and all input.
Be safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerspook View Post
I think you may have miss understood that one. I was not suggesting that you charge your dad storage. I am suggesting that if you need to talk to your siblings about this, you say you would not really charge your dad storage, but that you think you are due some consideration because of the storage. Be very positive that either way you are not going to try and collect storage. You just think that if it is at your house it would be really nice if you could use it and an air conditioner would make it more useful. Then also if it has the root top support that an air conditioner will add more to the value than the cost. So even if you get the money for the air conditioner back they would be money ahead.

But I am sorry if you thought that I said you should collect storage from your dad.
2004scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 12:43 PM   #24

AZ
Yes, many to make it worthwhile, but just the one I need and will make, to me is priceless for the comfort it will provide.

Cost of large sheets of plywood are getting pricey, and why I thought of using aluminum "V" stock instead. If I had a joiner for wood, then just strips could be cut off and make it like a picture frame. As I do not have one, probably go with metal, as I do have a welder.

The little A/C unit can always be used somewhere else, living in the desert, as I do!

Thanks so much for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec View Post
I was the guy who made those Scamp AC window brackets.
-Yes, just a very standard small window AC and they are standard dimensions.
-Build exactly to plans, exactly! It's a very tight fit, it worked great.
-It must be taken out for travel but was sturdy enough and well balanced to hang without a support.
-Yes, Scamps are wired with 12-2 wire throughout so you can plug an AC safely inside to my knowledge.
-Yes, down the road I would go rooftop with a Scamp. Very easy to see if support was already in, just rub the roof and feel for the already existing 12-2 wire that was put in at factory for future AC.
-No, I am not making any more AC window supports anymore. I made a few for others but you have to get full sheets of plywood or plastic and the dimensions needed are not very efficient with a lot of waste. You may find somebody who has the right pieces lying around from other projects for one or two. But making more from scratch you have to make many to make it worthwhile in my opinion.
Old 03-27-2022, 03:45 PM   #25

Name: Terry
Trailer: 1971 Hunter compact Jr, 1979 Terry 19', 2003 Scamp 16'
California
Vtec posted several good picture of his installation in June of 2013. A/C Window Mount Design For Scamps.
He did a very nice job.
Terry in Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:48 PM   #26

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry in Fowler View Post
Vtec posted several good picture of his installation in June of 2013. A/C Window Mount Design For Scamps.
He did a very nice job.
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...mps-65172.html
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 01:17 PM   #27

AZ
Nice link with good supporting pics and info.
Thanks for sharing
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmm View Post

Tags
scamp