16' Scamp vs. 16' Casita Screen door - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-05-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 2018 Casita 16' SD - Condo A-Go-Go
Utah
Posts: 25
16' Scamp vs. 16' Casita Screen door

I have a question. Does anyone here with a 16' Scamp with a screen door have the measurements? I'm wondering if I can fit the screen door on a 16' Casita? The bodies of both are somewhat rounded. Methinks there is a possibility it may work.

Also, has anyone changed out the door handle of their 16' Scamp with one similar to this?

https://c.adventurerv.net/a/thumbs/i...05f0ef2824.jpg

Thanks for any input.

Alice
__________________

Alice L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Posts: 3,747
Which Scamp Screen door? They used to use a bi-fold. Now they use a Plisse Retractable Screen Door. its very nice but not cheap. I think you would need to have a square frame, like the added piece of wood that Scamp adds to make the door frame, but once you have that, the Plisse screen door is very adaptable to different size openings.

See: https://www.plissescreen.com/product...-door-screens/
__________________

gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 7,442
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice L View Post
I have a question. Does anyone here with a 16' Scamp with a screen door have the measurements? I'm wondering if I can fit the screen door on a 16' Casita? The bodies of both are somewhat rounded. Methinks there is a possibility it may work.

Also, has anyone changed out the door handle of their 16' Scamp with one similar to this?

https://c.adventurerv.net/a/thumbs/i...05f0ef2824.jpg

Thanks for any input.

Alice
the old bifold door is flat when deployed and would likely work well with your Casita.
I have an FIC latch on my Scamp and it is a great improvement (new Scamps now have it.)
here is mine....
Attached Thumbnails
door latch 002.jpg   June 2009 115.jpg  

June 2009 118.jpg   June 2009 114.jpg  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:40 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: p@
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
Posts: 244
Registry
I looked into installing a Scamp bi fold screen door on my Casita 16’er. Scamp has several sizes to choose from but the cost squashed my ambitions. The door was 150 bucks but shipping was going to be twice that to get it to SC. I built one from scratch for much less. There was a lot of trial and error involved and it took considerable time. A real carpenter could have accomplished the task much quicker i’m sure, but i’m retired and time is cheap. The biggest issue was clearing the Casita’s front mount air conditioner.

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Wallo's Avatar
 
Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Posts: 502
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Which Scamp Screen door? They used to use a bi-fold. Now they use a Plisse Retractable Screen Door. its very nice but not cheap. I think you would need to have a square frame, like the added piece of wood that Scamp adds to make the door frame, but once you have that, the Plisse screen door is very adaptable to different size openings.

See: https://www.plissescreen.com/product...-door-screens/
Gordom, I didn't know Scamp made an upgrade. My 13 footer had the bifold door which served its purpose very well. I would be very happy with that one.
__________________
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Wallo's Avatar
 
Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Posts: 502
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
the old bifold door is flat when deployed and would likely work well with your Casita.
I have an FIC latch on my Scamp and it is a great improvement (new Scamps now have it.)
here is mine....
Floyd, yes the bifold door would suit my purposes well. I just have to get a frame.

Did you have to modify the latch to accommodate the curve in the door?
__________________

__________________
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casita, scamp


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Scamp Factory Retractable Screen Door in Older Scamp ASueHutch Modifications, Alterations and Updates 15 07-02-2017 01:30 PM
New Wood Screen Door - Casita Rob and Linda Modifications, Alterations and Updates 22 12-12-2012 03:53 PM
A couple of 'free' things - Casita screen door & toilet Rob and Linda General Chat 0 12-01-2012 05:40 PM
Looking for screen room or screen panels Deb & Chuck Classified Archives 0 09-19-2009 04:07 PM
screen door for 16 ft Casita Timothy F Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 3 11-16-2008 06:48 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
×