16' Scamp vs. 16' Casita Screen door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2018, 04:03 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
16' Scamp vs. 16' Casita Screen door

I have a question. Does anyone here with a 16' Scamp with a screen door have the measurements? I'm wondering if I can fit the screen door on a 16' Casita? The bodies of both are somewhat rounded. Methinks there is a possibility it may work.

Also, has anyone changed out the door handle of their 16' Scamp with one similar to this?

https://c.adventurerv.net/a/thumbs/i...05f0ef2824.jpg

Thanks for any input.

Alice
Alice L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Which Scamp Screen door? They used to use a bi-fold. Now they use a Plisse Retractable Screen Door. its very nice but not cheap. I think you would need to have a square frame, like the added piece of wood that Scamp adds to make the door frame, but once you have that, the Plisse screen door is very adaptable to different size openings.

See: https://www.plissescreen.com/product...-door-screens/
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice L View Post
I have a question. Does anyone here with a 16' Scamp with a screen door have the measurements? I'm wondering if I can fit the screen door on a 16' Casita? The bodies of both are somewhat rounded. Methinks there is a possibility it may work.

Also, has anyone changed out the door handle of their 16' Scamp with one similar to this?

https://c.adventurerv.net/a/thumbs/i...05f0ef2824.jpg

Thanks for any input.

Alice
the old bifold door is flat when deployed and would likely work well with your Casita.
I have an FIC latch on my Scamp and it is a great improvement (new Scamps now have it.)
here is mine....
Attached Thumbnails
door latch 002.jpg   June 2009 115.jpg  

June 2009 118.jpg   June 2009 114.jpg  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:40 AM   #4

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
I looked into installing a Scamp bi fold screen door on my Casita 16’er. Scamp has several sizes to choose from but the cost squashed my ambitions. The door was 150 bucks but shipping was going to be twice that to get it to SC. I built one from scratch for much less. There was a lot of trial and error involved and it took considerable time. A real carpenter could have accomplished the task much quicker i’m sure, but i’m retired and time is cheap. The biggest issue was clearing the Casita’s front mount air conditioner.

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #5

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Which Scamp Screen door? They used to use a bi-fold. Now they use a Plisse Retractable Screen Door. its very nice but not cheap. I think you would need to have a square frame, like the added piece of wood that Scamp adds to make the door frame, but once you have that, the Plisse screen door is very adaptable to different size openings.

See: https://www.plissescreen.com/product...-door-screens/
Gordom, I didn't know Scamp made an upgrade. My 13 footer had the bifold door which served its purpose very well. I would be very happy with that one.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #6

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
the old bifold door is flat when deployed and would likely work well with your Casita.
I have an FIC latch on my Scamp and it is a great improvement (new Scamps now have it.)
here is mine....
Floyd, yes the bifold door would suit my purposes well. I just have to get a frame.

Did you have to modify the latch to accommodate the curve in the door?

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, scamp