17ft Boler 1980 needs a true Boler lover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2010, 07:03 AM   #1

Name: Tina
Trailer: Bigfoot
Quebec
17ft Boler 1980 needs a true Boler lover

We sold our 17 ft this past summer to a family from France who wanted to travel around Canada and US and then South America with their family of 5 for a year. They encountered some problems... age and travel wear and tear issues but then recently had an axel problem and the Boler detached from their truck in the desert of California. They claim it to be kaput but something tells me if a junk yard has it then someone who knows Bolers needs to get it. The interior is completely redone and beautiful. The shell is original white with clear coat.

I have no clue how to help anyone who would like to find it. I have the blog from the family who bought it. They seem pretty upset to have this happen right before Christmas since they have been travelling since Aug with it.

Here is their blog, maybe those in California may know more on how to find this Boler if interested. I am sad to see it die, I am sure it can be refurbished.

Caribous et Castagnettes

Hope this is the diamond in the rough for a new owner....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4720.JPG  
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Since I don't speak French and when put through a translator the post sounds like an illiterate crazy person wrote it I would have no idea where to find the trailer.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #3

Trailer:
The blog says that they haven't decided what to do with it, though my slang French is a bit rusty - they talk of either scrapping it or selling it. There is no location mentioned, or even where it happened.
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #4

Name: Tina
Trailer: Bigfoot
Quebec
Yes, there is a lot of French slang but he is writing while frustrated. apparently they are in the desert of California and are headed to the Grand Canyon for Christmas. So between the 2 for now. I feel for them, they are an amazing family however I am sad for the Boler. I am sure it is not completely kaput. My husband questions if the tires were well tightened. And no mention of the sway bar in there. Was it even attached properly? Anyhow, they were not injured so that is a good thing considering the speed they were rolling at.

If anyone manages to find this gem I hope to hear from them.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Since they were going approx 20 mph over the speed limit they are lucky that all they had was trailer trouble, they could have been killed or killed someone else. Just for driving at that speed the driver could have been jailed or at least received a very expensive speeding ticket.

In the picture they look to be on the side of a four lane highway so they would most likely been on I40 or I10. Both those highway are very barren, with just a few towns. The trailer is still upright and looks ok so they probably just lost a tire/wheel.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I lose quite a bit of resolution zooming in on the picture, but the left wheel looks OK. There seems to be something at an angle on the right side... could be a tire that has come off the axle or a broken hub on the right side. At least they stayed upright! It doesn't look like something that couldn't be handled by either some welding or at most, a new axle. Hope they are doing OK!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler