1972 American Made Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2021, 07:24 PM   #1

Name: stacie
Trailer: Boler
CO
1972 American Made Boler

I have one fo these babies and she's in pretty decent shape. I want to sell her locally, how much do I ask for her?? It looks like prices are all over the place and oddly quite high right now. Thanks for your help!

Stacie
Stacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:40 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Sell ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacie View Post
I have one fo these babies and she's in pretty decent shape. I want to sell her locally, how much do I ask for her?? It looks like prices are all over the place and oddly quite high right now. Thanks for your help!

Stacie
__________________________________________________ ________

I would suggest you KEEP it, use it, make memories ! ( Souvenirs, in French). But if you must sell it , NOW is the time, and best to advertise it on Fiberglas RV classifieds. It is a specialized trailer and may not be worth so much in your local area. ( I know, I did it ! ). People are looking for these and will drive MILES or even STATES to find one. But we would need photos or know condition to guess a price. If at all clean and usable it could be worth $4k -5k , much more it in good shape. Don't sell locally. David in Fresno and Sonora/
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:50 PM   #3

CO
Thanks David!

Well, I love her but we don't use her anymore. I feel so bad because it's like having a unicorn and just leaving it ignored out in the pasture! And honestly Colorado has gotten so busy it's a night mare. I'd rather throw on my backpack and GTFO of the rat race. Can I pst links here? Here she is:

https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...343415681.html

I have one lightbulb in the tail light that needs changed. I don't know how to do it without ruining the rivets. One light inside that probably needs the wires checked. The bulb is fine. The vent lid is cracked. Need to change that out. Again rivets....beyond me. Some crackling on the top There was a leak, but I think it's coming from the vent.
Old 06-28-2021, 07:52 PM   #4

CO
Also, I went high based on a page that showed all these bolers SOLD recently and they were 9-15,500. But that seems insane. But house prices here and bonkers, so maybe that is the trend?? I don't know!
Old 06-28-2021, 08:29 PM   #5

CO
https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...343415681.html
Old 06-28-2021, 09:32 PM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Also, I went high based on a page that showed all these bolers SOLD recently and they were 9-15,500. But that seems insane. But house prices here and bonkers, so maybe that is the trend?? I don't know!

I’m in Lone Tree Colorado and might be interested
Can you send me some pictures and details to my email
Cahartz@hotmail.com
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #7

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Hi Stacie----

I am not in the market, as I have my own fibreglass camper, but I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE the way you have decorated and updated yours!!!

About the extension on your table/bed----how is the piece of board supported (other than the leg, which I can see) ??

Beautiful camper~~!!! Someone, somewhere, is going to get a beauty!

theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:44 AM   #8

CO
Bed support leg.

Thank you! I know, the more I tinker the more I love her. So there one long screw on both ends and the screw fits into a pre-drilled hole in the dinette base. So it has three points of support. The leg and a screw on each end. It’s really simple yet effective! Also, I don’t know if I’m doing this thread right, I’m not used to the message board style. I’d include photos if I knew what I was doing!

QUOTE=theresa p;818203]Hi Stacie----

I am not in the market, as I have my own fibreglass camper, but I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE the way you have decorated and updated yours!!!

About the extension on your table/bed----how is the piece of board supported (other than the leg, which I can see) ??

Beautiful camper~~!!! Someone, somewhere, is going to get a beauty!

[/QUOTE]
Old 06-29-2021, 12:17 PM   #9

Registry
Now, that sounds really smart! I did see the leg but knew there had to be something else to support things.

Even reinforcing the fibreglass from behind and drilling that hole thru it as well as the wood reinforcement would be secure.

Going to try this...as it has been my mission for a while to come up with some way to minimize the "dead zone" on the bed where the table's rounded corners are.

Thanks!!

Oh yes, did you use dropcloths as your fabric???? Love the look!
Old 06-29-2021, 12:25 PM   #10

CO
bed leg

I did use drop cloths! You are the first to notice. I love the look! Tt's casual and not fussy but still has a clean look.

I can text you some photos of the leg if you want? I don't know how to attach them here. I won't be creepy or anything! Or I can email them too. However I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
Now, that sounds really smart! I did see the leg but knew there had to be something else to support things.

Even reinforcing the fibreglass from behind and drilling that hole thru it as well as the wood reinforcement would be secure.

Going to try this...as it has been my mission for a while to come up with some way to minimize the "dead zone" on the bed where the table's rounded corners are.

Thanks!!

Oh yes, did you use dropcloths as your fabric???? Love the look!
Old 06-29-2021, 12:30 PM   #11

Registry
There is an excellent tutorial on this site on how to attach photos.

I know so many others will be interested in seeing them, too.

If you have trouble attaching them, you certainly can email them to me.

If you click on my name, it should offer you the option to either private message me or to email me.

Again, it's a gorgeous reno job and yes, the dropcloth fabric is perfect!!!
Old 06-29-2021, 12:39 PM   #12

CO
I don’t know if it worked. I feel like I’m my gramma right now. 😂
Attached Thumbnails
36D25D27-305F-48DC-BA67-C377FA8F9C7C.jpg   5E14F498-DC65-4B0A-BC37-1761D90BD685.jpg  

DDB1F3A0-6A14-48D7-815D-064586B56114.jpg  
Old 06-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #13

Registry
Worked great!!!

The photos are close enough that it is easy to make out how the screw does its job. Awesome!

Old 06-30-2021, 09:48 AM   #14

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
nice boler !
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:25 PM   #15

Name: Mike
Nova Scotia
Quote:

Stacie
Hi Stacie, I redid my 13 ft Boler from the ground up.....it was voted the most unique in the fiberglass world....bought it at 2300.00 Cdn sold for full asking price at $11,000 C.dn
ln41211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:22 PM   #16

Name: Neville
Trailer: Trails West Campster
Ida Home
Looks like it's sold!

The Craigslist link has been deleted so it's either sold or relisted somewhere else.
Villen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 07:47 PM   #17

Name: LouAnn
Trailer: 1972 American Boler
NY
Quote:

Stacie
Hi, I am new to the site. I am just buying a 1972 American Boler.
Loubec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 07:21 PM   #18

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loubec View Post
Hi, I am new to the site. I am just buying a 1972 American Boler.

Welcome LouAnn.
My boler American came from NY.

Do you have any documentation with it or known history?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler