1974 Constructam Comet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #1

Trailer: Comet 1974
Thumbs up

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows where I might find a parts catalog for a Constructam Comet camper. It is a dutch camper and I cant seem to find anything via google. I need to replace the skylights and they are not standard size. I would also like to start replacing original parts on it as well.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Ryan
ryandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ryan, you might send Lex M. and e-mail, maybe he can point you. He's a member here and lives in The Netherlands. Find Lex's info HERE

Got any pictures to share?

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:19 AM   #3

Trailer:
You may not be finding info about your Constructam as most Europeans use the British English 'caravan' rather than the American English 'trailer'. Sure enough the first Google you'd find is:
Constructam Caravan Club

As a Dutch club naturally it's written in Dutch, but Babelfish now offers Dutch-English translation (though it usually has extra trouble with technical terms). However, being Dutch you can also guarantee that they will speak/write perfect English if you contact them.

Andrew
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
as the owner of a little dutch yacht; i know it can be frustrating trying to find metric designed items in a 'measure by inch' world. you could easily replace the entire hatch with one slightly larger, enlarging the existing cutout to accomadate the lower section. i have installed new hatches on the coachroof of my fiberglass yacht, and it is not difficult at all and these had to be up to boarding seas, something you will hopefully never encounter on your travels! measure twice; cut once, use top of the line caulking. that's it. it might actually be easier to increase the hatch size by at least an inch or so if you are using a saw as it would be demanding to cut less than that, otherwise you would have to use a grinder or rasp. taping the area you are going to cut beforehand will reduce splintering. good luck.
gillian s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:49 AM   #5

Trailer: Comet 1974
Thank you to all who replied. I emailed the Contructam website admin and he directed me to a listing of used parts. I will order from there. Thanks!!

Ryan L.
ryandez is offline   Reply With Quote