1975 Trillium 1300- Duotherm 65810-2 - High Carbon Monoxide when wind blows one way - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2019, 12:56 PM   #1

Name: Lee
Trailer: Trillium
AB
1975 Trillium 1300- Duotherm 65810-2 - High Carbon Monoxide when wind blows one way

Hi everyone,

I bought a 1975 Trillium 1300 in the fall, and have taken it out about 4 times in cold weather and used the propane furnace several times. I have had a CO alarm installed since day 1 and never had an issue until this last trip.

It was very windy, and the wind was blowing against the left side of the trailer. I kept getting CO alarm (reading of over 50ppm) unless the vent was basically wide open.

I ended up turning the trailer 180 degrees (we were parking lot camping), and CO became undetectable after that.

Is this a common experience? Any recommendations?
leecyrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Sounds like you're doing everything right. You have a detector and paid attention, corrected the problem. 👍
Old 12-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #3

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by leecyrille View Post
Hi everyone,

I bought a 1975 Trillium 1300 in the fall, and have taken it out about 4 times in cold weather and used the propane furnace several times. I have had a CO alarm installed since day 1 and never had an issue until this last trip.

It was very windy, and the wind was blowing against the left side of the trailer. I kept getting CO alarm (reading of over 50ppm) unless the vent was basically wide open.

I ended up turning the trailer 180 degrees (we were parking lot camping), and CO became undetectable after that.

Is this a common experience? Any recommendations?
Never have had that problem. Sounds like something is not venting properly unless you have a window open near the vent. We do have problems in the motorhome when we run the generator and have to keep the door and windows closed when it is running. But we have not ever had a problem with a furnace. It would be worth it to take it to a reputable RV repair shop and see if they find a problem.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium