1979 Trilluim mosquito net - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2020, 01:17 PM   #1

Name: Horacio
Trailer: 1979 Triple E Surfside
British Columbia
1979 Trilluim mosquito net

Hello, I am looking to build a set of mosquito screens for my trillium trailer. Where can I get an aluminium profile like that on the picture? Could someone point me in the right direction?
Attached Thumbnails
mosq.jpg   mosq2.jpg  

mlequo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:05 PM   #2

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlequo View Post
Hello, I am looking to build a set of mosquito screens for my trillium trailer. Where can I get an aluminium profile like that on the picture? Could someone point me in the right direction?
Most used building materials places have tons of old screens, and for cheap. They're very easy to cut down to size, they're just held together at the corners by an interior clip. If you try prying the one you have open at that point you'll see what I mean.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:44 PM   #3

Name: Horacio
Trailer: 1979 Triple E Surfside
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Most used building materials places have tons of old screens, and for cheap. They're very easy to cut down to size, they're just held together at the corners by an interior clip. If you try prying the one you have open at that point you'll see what I mean.
Thank you very much for your reply, Francesca. I am in Vancouver, BC and I am not sure what building material places may have the screens. Once I get my hands on one, the job is easy - I know how they are built, but getting one is not obvious to me.

Alternatively, if there is an aluminium profile that I can but and cut it myself to size, that would be awesome. Any tips on that?

Thank you kindly,

Pawel Mlequo
mlequo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:49 PM   #4

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
The profile of the channel used on original Trillium screens may not be available any more new, there's a tab running along the edge that holds the screen on. Real pain to use btw, newer screens just use a strip spring that holds the screen in the window channel.
Another possibility:
If you're not hooked up with second hand bs stores and are ok with white or bronze color framework , you can buy kits at home hardware stores to build your own screens from scratch start to finish.

Do make sure that the thickness of the screen channel matches that on the window itself, some may be thicker so of course won't fit.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:26 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
There are dozens of residential glass companies in the Lower Mainland that can build screens. They also can cut you a plexi mirror ( did for me ). Find one near you. Shoot pix of the window. Take measurements and you should be able to get a quote.