1985 Bigfoot 19B, waterheater - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2020, 06:37 PM   #1

Name: Donna
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
1985 Bigfoot 19B, waterheater

Hello,
Can anyone tell me what brand of water heater I have in my 1985 19B Bigfoot?
I cannot see a name on it.
I drained the tank for winterizing and found a metal plug. So from what I have heard the Atwood heaters have a plastic plug and the Surburban have the Brass plug with an anoid rod. But when I unscrewed the metal plug there was no rod on it. So unless it is so old that it has completly warn away, not sure what to think?
Appreciate any help you can give me.
Donna
dvenables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:05 PM   #2
JAR

Name: Jim
Trailer: 1985 Bigfoot B19
Montana
You must have an Atwood as I have the same trailer, a 1985 19B. Mine just failed as I have discovered a leak by seeing the cardboard insulation cover getting wet. Mine has a metal plug as well. I have been researching a new Atwood to fit in the same cutout and see there is a newer model I can get off of Amazon for $450 shipped that has direct spark ignition and an 110 volt element so that you can run it off of AC besides propane.
JAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #3

Name: Luciano
Trailer: Bigfoot 17'
WINNIPEG
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAR View Post
You must have an Atwood as I have the same trailer, a 1985 19B. Mine just failed as I have discovered a leak by seeing the cardboard insulation cover getting wet. Mine has a metal plug as well. I have been researching a new Atwood to fit in the same cutout and see there is a newer model I can get off of Amazon for $450 shipped that has direct spark ignition and an 110 volt element so that you can run it off of AC besides propane.
Hey guys silly question but how does your hot water tank start to heat the water. Like does it start when you turn on your heater pilot? I have an 17' Bigfoot
Yogibengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:58 AM   #4
JAR

Name: Jim
Trailer: 1985 Bigfoot B19
Montana
Sorry it has taken so long to answer. Haven't been on the forum in awhile.
My old Atwood has a slider type temperature control that you set about midway for normal hot water. After lighting the pilot, you rotate the control knob from pilot to "on", "run", or "operate" (or something similar, I forget which at the moment) and you should hear the main burner start and see a flame stretching out beyond the pilot flame.
JAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:41 PM   #5

Name: Luciano
Trailer: Bigfoot 17'
WINNIPEG
Water heater.

Thanks for the reply.
Yogibengal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot