1993 13' standard scamp ext height - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2015, 05:02 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
1993 13' standard scamp ext height

I know ill here back that axle/tires etc effect this .... Im trying to determine if i can get this into my standard size garage ( hate those HOA)
The trailer is a bit far to go and measure... It does not have roof air only the escape hatch
If so could let me know the height at highest point ( not) including the trim for the escape hatch that would be great.... I was told by owner it is 87" at highest point of hatch ( i m thinking i may be able to make the hatch easily removable
Has anyone done this?
It seems like it should be doable

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #2

Any scamp owners that can provide a n accurate exterior height measurment not including the escspe vent

Old 07-09-2015, 09:12 AM   #3

Bump

Old 07-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Probably too much variation due to axle condition or upgrade, tire condition/size, roof adds, etc. to give a definitive answer for an older model. Also, what is your "standard" garage height? Many places it is 7', give or take a few inches. Other places I've heard 8' is common.

A 7' garage door is right on the cusp for older 13' Scamp's, Bolers, and similar. The good news is that, sans roof AC, they can usually be made to fit. Some will slide in as-is. If not, tricks include (1) removing vent covers, (2) letting air out of the tires, and (3) replacing highway wheels with small 8" wheels for storage (with or without tires).
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:10 PM   #5

Name: Guy
Trailer: Scamp
Georgia
Alan, I garage my Scamp, I removed the fantastic fan for 2 reasons. 1. it was broken, and 2 as an escape hatch it just doesn't work in case of a fire. Because your AC unit is on top it will not fit. When I purchased my Scamp the AC unit was hanging out of the rear window. So I didn't have to deal with having a unit on top of my Scamp. However instead of replacing the fantastic fan, I made the hole larger, made a fiberglass mold and raised the roof (sort to speak) so that I could stand comfortably. However letting air out of the tires is a good alternative for about a half an inch or so, afterward I would re inflate them. My garage is just about 7 ft.
neauone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #6

Thanks for the responses... The scamp im looking at does not have a/c... Only the escape hatch
Maybe deflation of tires or roof vent mods will work
Thanks everyone

Tags
scamp