2002 13' Trillium water tank? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #1

Name: Catherine
Trailer: Renting
British Columbia
2002 13' Trillium water tank?

Hey all! I'm about to do my first camping trip with a rented 2002 13' Trillium. We will be towing with our Subaru Impreza, tow weight rated at 2000lbs. From what I understand, the Trillium's dry weight is 1500lbs. We will be dry camping and I am trying to determine the capacity of the water tank to find out if I am able to tow it full.

Do any newer Trillium owners know the capacity of the water tank, and its weight when full? Lots of folks mention towing with empty water tank, is towing with a full water tank not recommended?

Additionally, is there a grey water tank, or does it drain out of the camper?

Thanks!
thehiltzbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:01 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
"Dry weight" is the trailer without any fluids, batteries, propane, or options. Better to ask what the actual weight is. It will be considerably more than dry weight.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #3

Name: Catherine
Trailer: Renting
British Columbia
Yup! That is what I am trying to determine.
thehiltzbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:25 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Search "Trailer Weights in the Real World" and you will find examples.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:04 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: !977 KingsleyGMC, 1968 Bailey Mikado
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehiltzbass View Post
Hey all! I'm about to do my first camping trip with a rented 2002 13' Trillium. We will be towing with our Subaru Impreza, tow weight rated at 2000lbs. From what I understand, the Trillium's dry weight is 1500lbs. We will be dry camping and I am trying to determine the capacity of the water tank to find out if I am able to tow it full.

Do any newer Trillium owners know the capacity of the water tank, and its weight when full? Lots of folks mention towing with empty water tank, is towing with a full water tank not recommended?

Additionally, is there a grey water tank, or does it drain out of the camper?

Thanks!

Water weighs about 8 pounds per gallon . If you stop on the road water is very handy. Empty will not make you happy. How about 'some' water on board? lol
panhead_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:13 AM   #6
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
There are two "newer" Trillium manufacturers, Trilliumrv and Trillium Outback. I'm guessing a 2002 would be Trillium Outback. A call to the manufacturer would get you an exact answer. My 2010 Trilliumrv has a 15 gallon water tank between the axle and the rear bumper. Adding water increases the overall weight of the trailer but decreases the tongue weight. Subarus typically have a tongue weight limit of 200 lbs. Loaded for camping with a few gallons of water my Trillium weighs about 1800 lbs with a tongue weight of 240 lbs.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium