2008 Casita Freedom T Handle in Closet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2021, 08:58 AM   #1

Name: Kim
Trailer: 2008 Casita Freedom
Arkansas
2008 Casita Freedom T Handle in Closet

We just bought a used freedom and there's a T handle in the closet that supposedly keeps grey water from backing up into the trailer. The notes from previous owners says to push it down while traveling and pull it up while parked. The T handle doesn't budge when I try to pull it up or push it down. Does anyone have experience with this T valve and how exactly does it work? I believe some models have them on the bottom of the trailer, but ours is in the closet.
kcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:43 AM   #2

Name: Wil
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17' SD
Washington
That T handle operates a blade valve (similar to dump valves) on the shower drain. Don't worry, it doesn't dump anything. Down closes the valve and prevents water sloshing around in the gray tank from pushing back up in the shower drain. Up opens it. If the tank is over full water from either kitchen or bathroom sink may push tank contents back up the shower drain when open. We don't use the shower so leave that valve closed most of the time. It can get sticky and may require some force. To determine current position pour water down the shower drain. If a quart or two doesn't fill the drain it is open. If you leave it open while traveling you might find the bathroom floor wet when you get where you're going.
wilyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:06 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita
T handle in closet

I've loosened the valve by spraying some WD40 into the cable housing in the closet and letting it soak for a few minutes. I know what happens if I forget to close it while hitching up.
Charles Ihlenfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:33 PM   #4

Name: Kim
Trailer: 2008 Casita Freedom
Arkansas
Thank you. Makes sense.
kcarver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita