A number of folks have inquired about our 2010 Trillium
issues so I took some time to compile this list. Some items were quick and easy while others took a while. There are still a few to tackle. Cutting a hole in the side of a new trailer was probably the most stressful.
-Trailer was delivered with safety chains that were too short and no hooks. We stopped at a hardware store on the way home.
-Despite ordering the electric brake option, the trailer had no breakaway switch. Bought one locally and installed it.
- Trailer was delivered with a dirty interior. Lots of construction debris, dust, and assorted hardware in the storage areas. We even found a razor blade.
-The door on one of the upper cabinets was crooked. A shim behind one of the hinges fixed the problem.
tank holder filled with water when it rained. Drilled a hole to act as a drain.
-None of the lights
, wire holes, etc were caulked. Bought a tube of caulk and spent an afternoon sealing things.
-There are two "blemishes" in the interior gelcoat. We were promised a repair kit that has yet to arrive.
-Discovered numerous spider cracks in the exterior gel coat. At the recommendation of some members on the board we sealed them with Capt. Tolley's Crack Cure.
-Discovered the kitchen section has been installed too far forward or on an angle. To make the upper shelves fit they added a spacer on one side and trimmed the other. No easy fix here.
-Discovered the frame bolts are too long. We were promised new bolts. They have yet to arrive. We will order some in the spring.
-Discovered that the door hinges are not parallel. We will fix this in the spring.
-The 3 way fridge
was not working well. We found the exhaust port was two 4 inch holes. We questioned this. First we were told they would look into it. Later we were told it was fine. We finally called Dometic. They emailed the correct dimensions. A jig saw and a grit blade were used to enlarge the opening. Fridge
now works fine.
-The rear window leaks
. We are told it is a manufacturing (Hehr) defect and we would be sent a repair kit. It has yet to arrive.
-The brake adjuster on the passenger side would not work. Turned out to be rusted. Less than 1000 miles on the trailer. Interestingly, axle
was purchased from Redneck trailer supply. I think it may have sat outside for a while?
-The water pump stopped working. Unfortunately, Flojet will not warrant the pump because a separate strainer (Flojet 1740-003) was not installed. We dismantled the pump , removed some small pieces of plastic. This fixed the pump. We will install the filter in the spring. The pump was installed under the stove on the back wall of a small storage cabinet. It was mounted head side up. Instructions call for it to be mounted head side down.
The belly band plastic cover pulled away from the ends. On a warm day we stretched it back into position, and put the screws through the plastic. Easy fix.
-We almost lost the furnace
exhaust port. The screws had come loose and the port was hanging out about an inch. We replaced the sheet metal screws with bolts. Conclusion : using sheet metal screws in fiberglass without backing doesn't seem to work.
-The glass cover on the stove was hitting the burner grate. Added some shims to increase the height of the bumpers the cover rests on.
Hope this is helpful, Raz