2011 lil Snoozy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2024, 09:05 AM   #1

Name: JP
Trailer: market
Florida
2011 lil Snoozy

is there anything wrong with a 2011 snoozy?
bymi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 10:19 AM   #2

Name: Don
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
MN
Registry
2011 Lil Snoozy

I have a 2014 model that I like alot. That said, I have upgraded the battery capacity, installed D.C. refrigerator, tongue box, entry steps,
and use a propane heater when no electricity is available. I like it for the solid fiberglass shell and unique design.

However, be wary of wear on the inside of the tires. Some of the early Snoozies with torsion axles have the frame supporting the axle too far away from the wheel, resulting in a moment that tends to bend axles. It can be repaired with a new axle and various fixes, most if not all requiring some welding of additional support members between the frame and wheel. Kinda costly.
roadfossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 10:53 AM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
2012 Snoozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bymi1 View Post
is there anything wrong with a 2011 snoozy?
We have enjoyed our Snoozy very much. We had an independent gas company install propane for a built in two burner stove at the manufacturing facility. This has been very useful for boondocking.
1. We installed a larger air conditioner and installed REFLECTIX over the sleeping area as the Florida sun would shine trough (minimally but enough to warm the trailer).
2. We have the outside shower which I like as with the Snoozy and every trailer I have owned inside showers result in too much condensation.
3. We removed the toilet and use the inside shower area with built-in shelving for storage which for us was needed much more than a shower and commode. My wife and I found we could always pee into a large cat liter bottle and locate places to perform "big" jobs.
4. I do not like the surge brakes and wish I had ordered electric brakes. The surge brakes work well under normal conditions but I do not look forward to the day when due to hydroplaning or snow my tug is not slowing enough to activate trailer braking assist. This summer I am converting to electric brakes.
5. I also wish I had had another access on the left side of the trailer for under bed storage.
6. We opted for an additional bed area window on the left side of the trailer and a full size window in the area reserved for a television. No television at home and certainly none needed while traveling.

All in all it has been a very good trailer requiring minimal maintenance (I have OCD when it comes to maintenance). It has been by far the best trailer I have owned with the least amount of issues. I should note that it is the only fiberglass trailer I have owned.
It tows easily and we have never experienced sway.
We have not experienced the problem ROADFOSSIL described with inside wear of the tires.
The layout with the door at the rear is very user friendly.
Several times we have left home with our trailer and not returned home for six months boondocking, staying in Naturist resorts and various campgrounds as well as Cracker Barrel parking lots..
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:56 PM   #4

Name: JP
Trailer: market
Florida
Talking thank you for your inputs

the lil snoozy sounds like a great investment also. I'm buying one now.
bymi1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy