2018 Casita LD water leak between sink/stove and bathroom. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2024, 12:29 PM   #1

Name: Dana
Trailer: Casita
Florida
2018 Casita LD water leak between sink/stove and bathroom.

Need more help!! Hi new guy here still sorting out my new to me 2018 LD. I replaced the shocks with the correct ones so the suspension would work. Installed the brake controller and repaired the poor wiring job the previous owner did with house wire nuts and Scotch locks UGH! Would not have even looked at it, but the blinkers were wired backwards. A friendly motorist told us when we were bringing it home after purchase. Now for the newest issue... After installing the brake control, I test drove to calibrate the brakes. Which involves driving at 25mph and using the manual control to get the trailer brakes to lock up and then back off the power level. That worked as it should and was happy at how easy it was. Happy did not last long.
I parked and disconnected the trailer went inside the floor was covered with water. There was also water in the drawers under the sink/stove area. I removed all of the drawers dried the floor and started looking for the source of the leak. What I found was the carpet on the wall between the sink/stove and bathroom was soaked from the floor up to about 2-3 feet. Water also on rim around toilet and shower floor but not much. I powered up the water pump and checked for plumbing leaks none found. Water tank was about half full, empty gray and black tanks. Area around water tank dry other than small amount that moved from aisle.
We had very heavy rain and wind over a 2 day period (5 inches 40-50mph). We inspected interior after and there were no water leaks. this was before the test drive. Could this be an external leak that pooled somewhere and sloshed around during heavy braking? Where to start at to find the problem I guess is what I'm asking.
Thanks.
Dana Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 03:06 PM   #2

Florida
I have been looking at the area under sink/stove. The stove sits in a depression that would hold a lot of water and not come out until heavy braking or acceleration. I thinking the leak is external running down the wall into stove depression. I looked at the roof area rivets. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I popped the cap off of some of them and noticed that the retainer for the cap could be moved on some and not on others. The loose ones seemed to lack sealer the tight ones had. What to do? Apply sealer to loose caps?
Old 01-22-2024, 12:44 PM   #3

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Sure sounds like a rivet issue.....if they're loose or not sealed....I'd replace them. Another known problem......top frig vent has been known to allow water come through under the right conditions.....that water usually only pools in front of the frig.....so maybe not your issue. Some of us have built baffles to prevent this from happening....there are threads out there how to do this. I noticed your trailer is a 2018.....sure seems strange that your are having so mnay issues.....not sure why the former owner had to run new wires on such a new trailer??? Good luck.......rivets are easy to replace.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 05:08 PM   #4

Florida
I found the leak! Vent door warped at top. I placed some duct tape along hinge to cover the gap. You can see the rust where this has been an on going issue. Rain coming, fingers crossed.
Attached Thumbnails
20240122_112721.jpg   20240122_112803.jpg  

20240122_155958.jpg  
Old 01-23-2024, 11:11 AM   #5

Washington
Congrats.....glad you found it. Those vents can be easily replace with a new one. Some silcone and new rivets will seal it righ up......not sure why yours would be damaged????
Old 01-23-2024, 05:56 PM   #6

Florida
Where can I get a new vent? Hopefully improved over this one.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:00 AM   #7

Washington
Just about any camp store has them.....Walmart has them.....E-trailer has them.....I bought one years ago for another trailer on Amazon.....just search stove vent for trailer.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:10 PM   #8

Name: Levi
Texas
Water leak

I would look at two things maybe three that can possibly be the cause. First to check the acorn nuts in ceiling to see if you can spin them . If so replace the rivet the plastic base and snap cap.
2nd check your toilet flush valve those will crack they usually leak when flushing but still can leak. Best way to check is bend over toilet with mirror and flashlight look for leak then flush while looking .Must have water connected .
3rd those little cone washers are notorious for leaks. Hope this helps .
rdteeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita