2019 Casita Freedom Deluxe water in rear - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2024, 03:22 PM   #1

Name: Ordale
Trailer: Casita
Florida
2019 Casita Freedom Deluxe water in rear

Glad to have found this sight.

I am the new proud and stressed-out owner of a 2019 Casita FD

The app will not let me in so it's hard for me to load pics at this time.

My first night in about five days ago I noticed water puddling but assumed it was my water filter I put in the cubby area. Wiped it up and it was gone.

Fast forward to today and found more water. Way more water. Checked the sink pex line connecters and found a drip. Hoping that was it.

I am in process of removing the water holding tank and lifting up the vinyl floor. carpet on walls is wet, so I need to dry that area out it seems. I had to remove half of the dinette which was easy. I think I will buy new fittings and some small hose connectors for the holding tank just in case.

Any thoughts or insights would be great. I know it's not alot to go off of so apologies in advanced. If app let me get going, I will post pics.

Note; the vinyl floor peels up very easy. It's like the glue never dried or maybe the water activated it. Nasty.
Ordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 10:52 AM   #2

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Check out the Casita Travel Trailer forum.....lots of info there about leaks. Where is the water pooling? Back window can be a problem for some during rain. Top frig vent can be an issue for some. Good luck.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 08:36 PM   #3

Florida
Its pooling in the water holding tank area. It's wet from the sink, all the way to the back around the water holding tank. Mainly the edges.
One thing I noticed, is the vinyl floor glue on this rig is not good glue. It's still gummy and wet unless the water activated it. Not sure.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:51 PM   #4

Name: Jonathan
Trailer: ex-Casita, now Alto R series
Massachusetts
Is the trailer from a northern (freeze potential) region? Had the tank been drained, but the hoses not blown out?

Definitely confirm the joints and connections, but don't dismiss freeze crack damage as a possibility to also consider.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:21 PM   #5

Florida
It's a Florida Trailer. I checked all the connections and the only one that was dripping was the Pex that Threads to the sink faucet. Glad this thing is contained but I also ripped up some of the vinyl and could tell it leak before and was not addressed since there was black mildew or mold on back of floor. I ended up cutting it out and now I need to attach something else in that gap or just leave it.

Wish I could post pics but the app isn't working.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:25 PM   #6

Florida
Oh, and I removed dinette and water holding tank to get to all of that.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:25 AM   #7

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Check the stove vent.......some folks have had to reseal their vents to prevent leaks.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 12:51 PM   #8

Name: Dan
Trailer: Casita 17' Liberty Deluxe
Utah
Several years ago I discovered a pretty good puddle of water at the rear of the dining area. Located a loose connection between fresh water tank and the pump. Tightened all connections and no more puddling.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:08 PM   #9

Florida
Thank you for the response. I actually replaced all the plastic fittings and retightened those as well, to cross my T and I. No more dripping under the sing either. I made sure those son of a guns were tight. I dig how if a leak does occur, the floors are protected with fiberglass up to the shell. Or may I say resin in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltenes View Post
Several years ago I discovered a pretty good puddle of water at the rear of the dining area. Located a loose connection between fresh water tank and the pump. Tightened all connections and no more puddling.
Old 02-17-2024, 06:27 PM   #10

Name: Steve
Alabama
When you say holding tank are you referring to the fresh water storage tank?
StevenMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 07:21 PM   #11

Name: Dan
Trailer: Casita 17' Liberty Deluxe
Utah
Yes - it was the fresh water tank.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:09 PM   #12

Florida
Dang thing still has problems

I got everything dried after pulling out moldy vinyl and putting sone new vinyl down on the edges. The culprit was the sink pex lives were not screws tight enough.
Well, of course no rain for days and after a lot of rain I have wetness and water under sink. It carried over some towards water holding tank and under fridge.
I noticed the would framing that holds the drawer is wetish.

I suspected the stove vent like someone said up above. Inspected it an couldnít find much.

I suspected the fridge since itís water behind there as well.

I also suspect the awning attachment above and to the right of the vent.

Back to work on this thing tomorrow.

Iím
Not liking the guy I bought it from. Lol.

Tags
casita