6" lift to fix 2014 ParkLiner wheel well clearance issue - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2020, 08:20 PM   #21

Name: Tidal Death
Trailer: Sailboat w/ axles
Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
RE the Parkliner A/C; a few years back, could even be 5 years or more, a former Parkliner owner, Brian M in NY made a modification to his A/C unit that improved it somehow. I know he posted it here so maybe you could find that thread.
Bob, I wanted to let you know that I just found the thread you mentioned-

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ner-65632.html

This is helpful...it's part of what I was thinking might work. I'll give it a go.
ringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:43 AM   #22

Name: Patti
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
Virginia
Your Parkliner

Hello welcome to the Parkliner club. I'm so sorry to hear you had the wheel well tire issue but luckily no major damage to you or the camper. The place you took it to did a great job reparing it. We also have a Parkliner (2017) so luckily missed the wheel clearance issue which is good because my husband is not in the least handy.
We are okay with the AC but use a small fan to boost the cold air flow up towards us. The door sagging is our biggest complaint as it will have to be welded with new hinge placement to align it properly. Other than that we have been happy with it and hope to be able to have another adventure that does not involve Covid 19!
PJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #23

Name: Tidal Death
Trailer: Sailboat w/ axles
Hawaii
Hi Patti, thank you! I hope you can get your ParkLiner door fixed affordably. I'm looking at the poor door fitment on ours, too. It's not as bad of as some others have described, but it's going to take a decent amount of weather strip to get it as sealed as it should be. The lack of seal seems to contribute to the poor cooling power of the AC.

Speaking of the AC, I took it all apart and decided it's not worth the effort to spend anymore time trying to fix the factory setup. I'm pretty certain we're going to install a mini split. I've determined a good mounting location in the cabinet box above the back window, and will run the lines only a few short feet to a rack for the outside unit that I'm building above the back bumper. I have a buddy who is an AC tech, and he thinks it's a good plan. He'll be my project manager...keep me from making any major mistakes, hopefully.

I'll post a new thread if/when I get it running.

Cheers and stay well!
ringa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner